OXFORD, Ohio -- A multiple-alarm fire gutted a student rental house at 115 Bishop St. just before 3 a.m. Wednesday.
Dispatchers say nobody was transported from the home because the Miami University students who live there are currently on spring break and were out of town. No nearby homes were damaged, but some cars parked near the house were damaged.
The home was already scheduled to be rebuilt, according to the rental company's website. Oxford Fire Chief John Detherage said the back of the home and the kitchen area were the most heavily damaged, so they will begin their investigations there.
Chopper 9 flew over the house's remains as crews extinguished hot spots. Watch in the player below.
Three Miami University students were killed in a house fire in Oxford on April 10, 2005. Those students' parents led a charge to require residential homes in Oxford, Cincinnati and other cities to contain photoelectric smoke detectors, which are capable of detecting smoldering fires.