HAMILTON, Ohio — An apartment fire across the street from a Hamilton firehouse left one child hospitalized with burns Wednesday night.
Hamilton Fire Chief Mark Mercer said the child was burned in the fire along Hurm Street around 7:20 p.m. and taken to an area children's hospital. It is unknown how severely the child was burned.
The chief said crews from Station 22 looked out to see the smoke and quickly contained the fire to a rear bedroom, which was completely burned out Wednesday.
The fire displaced two other occupants.
WCPO will update this story as more information becomes available.