CINCINNATI -- A male University of Cincinnati student shot another male student just blocks off campus at about 10:30 p.m. Wednesday in Mount Auburn, according to a university safety alert.
The UC Police Division and Cincinnati Police Department both responded to the shooting at 195 E. McMillan St., according to UC Director of Public Safety James L. Whalen.
The alleged suspect and victim are known to each other and have both been identified. The victim is being treated at an area hospital for related injuries. At this time, there is no threat to campus.
If you have any information, please call UCPD at 513-556-1111, CPD at 513-765-1212 or call Crime Stoppers at 513-352-3040. You can remain anonymous and may receive an award for information provided.
Whalen offered the following safety reminders for students:
- Travel in groups at night.
- Whenever possible use the UC Shuttle or UC NightRide (556-RIDE) services.
- If you observe suspicious activity, contact UCPD at 556-1111, or CPD at 765-1212 immediately.
- If you are the victim of a crime, call 911 immediately.
- If someone makes you feel uncomfortable, change your walking pattern (cross the street).
- Criminals prefer impaired victims, don’t drink to excess.
- Don’t use headphones or earbuds, and avoid texting while walking.