CINCINNATI -- The man who was shot on a busy Downtown freeway ramp Tuesday night has died, according to Cincinnati police.
Lian Cung Nung, 28, was shot while driving The shooting happened on the ramp from the Sixth Street Expressway to Second Street and southbound I-75 at about 5:10 p.m., Cincinnati police said. Nung died Wednesday evening, about 24 hours after the shooting.
Police have no description of the shooter, Cincinnati Police Sgt. Eric Franz told WCPO Wednesday. Police also have no information the circumstances that led to the shooting.
The bullet shattered the Nung's driver's side window. Although the vehicle crashed into another, Franz said no one else was seriously hurt.
Nung’s wife, Siang Par, said she and her husband were on their way home when she heard the window crack.
“He was just all bleeding,” she said.
Nung’s cousin, Ruth Sung, was at home when she heard he had been shot.
Sung said the situation is especially difficult because it was so unexpected and they have very little information.
“It was hard to think that it was … going to happen cause we don't want to think that,” she said.
Par is now left to take care of their three young children.
“(My) best memory of them is being together as a family here,” she said. “He was a loving husband; he loved his children.”
Franz said he hopes investigators will have more information on the shooter after Par speaks to an interpreter.
Police ask anyone with information about this homicide to call the Criminal Investigation Section at 513-352-3542 or Crime Stoppers at 513-352-3040, or text “CINTIP” plus your message to CRIMES (274637). Callers may remain anonymous and may receive compensation for their information, police said.