It's been a year since the World Health Organization officially declared the COVID-19 outbreak a pandemic and then-President Donald Trump declared a national emergency, effectively shutting down the entire country.
Since, hundreds of thousands of Americans have lost loved ones, been separated from their families, and so many have lost their jobs.
In the special, hour-long program, "Hindsight: 2020 | The Year that Changed Our Lives," WCPO 9 took a look back at the year so much changed and where we go from here.
Among the stories included in the special are:
- Seeing hope on the horizon through the eyes of OTR
- Unemployment benefits elusive for single mom amid pandemic
- A year in, how has COVID-19 impacted minority communities?
- Live events were first to close, will be last to reopen
- How are schools and teachers addressing 'COVID slide?'
Watch the entire, hour-long special in the viewer above.