CINCINNATI — Cincinnati Metro announced Friday that two more operators have tested positive for COVID-19, making them the six and seventh employees to test positive for the virus since June 15.
Both individuals are quarantining at home. Metro has notified other employees who may have come into contact with the operators, and Metro officials said one of the operators did not have any contact with the public.
The other operator provided services on the Route 11 from Madisonville – Erie Avenue on June 29 between 4:25 a.m. - 12:57 p.m.
Metro asks riders who believe they may have come into contact with the operator to “closely monitor their health and follow all CDC guidelines, including contacting a medical professional should they develop symptoms.”
Earlier this week, Cincinnati Metro announced another operator had come down with the virus after it notified riders on June 23 that one operator had tested positive for the virus. On June 15, the transit org announced an operator and a maintenance employee tested positive.
Metro officials said workers continue to sanitize buses regularly and take other CDC-recommended preventive measures. Riders are asked to wear masks and spread out as much as possible on buses.