CINCINNATI - Our region would look better if they called it the Fortune 750.
There are 13 local companies that rank among the nation’s 746 largest, but only eight that made the just-announced Fortune 500 list this year.
Ashland Inc. dropped off the list as its $4.95 billion in revenue caused its rank to fall to 516, down from 472 last year. It’s the second decline in three years for Cincinnati, which dropped from 10 Fortune 500 companies to nine in 2014.
Kroger Co. is still Cincinnati’s biggest, with $115.33 billion in revenue that ranks 18th in the nation and second in Ohio, behind Cardinal Health in Columbus. Here’s how the rest of the Cincinnati's "Fortune 750" list shakes out:
- Procter & Gamble Co., No. 36 with revenue of $71.72 billion
- Macy’s Inc., No. 103 with revenue of $25.78 billion
- Fifth Third Bancorp., No. 389 with revenue of $6.89 billion
- American Financial Group Inc., No. 411 with revenue of $6.5 billion
- AK Steel Holding Corp., No. 441 with revenue of $5.83 billion
- Cincinnati Financial Corp., No. 476 with revenue of $5.45 billion
- Western & Southern Financial Group, No. 483 with revenue of $5.4 billion
- Cintas Corp., No. 520 with revenue of $5.9 billion
- General Cable Corp., No. 603 with revenue of $3.59 billion
- Vantiv Inc., No. 637 with revenue of $3.58 billion
- Convergys Corp., No. 746 with revenue of $2.91 billion
You can see Fortune's entire list here .