Editor's note: An earlier version of this story stated customers could return the recalled products to stores for a full refund; that's true for Meijer products, but Sargento customers should contact the company using the information below. WCPO regrets this error.
PLYMOUTH, Wis. -- Meijer and Wisconsin-based cheesemaker Sargento Foods Inc. are recalling some specialty cheese because of possible bacterial contamination.
Deutsch Kase Haus, LLC of Middlebury, Indiana, notified the companies it supplied them with cheese that may be contaminated with Listeria monocyctogenes.
No illnesses have been reported.
Meijer is recalling certain varieties of Meijer Colby and Colby Jack bulk cheeses. The affected products are those with UPCs beginning with 215927 and 215938. The last six digits of the UPC codes will vary.
Sargento's recalled products are 6.84-ounce packages of Sargento Ultra Thin Sliced Longhorn Colby with sell-by dates of April 12 and May 10, 2017, and 8-ounce packages of Sargento Chef Blends Shredded Nacho & Taco Cheese with sell-by dates of June 14 and July 12, 2017.
The products were packaged at the Sargento plant in Plymouth, Wisconsin, and were distributed nationwide.
Sargento also recalled some products that were packaged on the same line as the affected cheese.
As a precaution, Sargento is also recalling the following retail products because they were packaged on the same line as the affected cheese:
- Sargento Sliced Colby-Jack Cheese, 12 oz., UPC 4610000109 with “Sell By” date of “11JUN17B”
- Sargento Sliced Pepper Jack Cheese, 12 oz., UPC 4610000108 with “Sell By” dates of “12JUN17B”, “09JUL17B” and “10JUL17B”
- Sargento Chef Blends Shredded Taco Cheese 8 oz., UPC 4610040002 with “Sell By” dates of “H14JUN17”, “F28JUN17” and “D28JUN17”
- Sargento Off The Block Shredded Fine Cut Colby-Jack Cheese, 8 oz., UPC 4610040014 with “Sell By” date of “F05JUL17”
- Sargento Off The Block Shredded Fine Cut Cheddar Jack Cheese, 8 oz., UPC 4610040076 with “Sell By” date of “F05JUL17”
No other Sargento products are affected.
Anyone who purchased the Meijer products should not use them and return them to the store they were purchased at for a full refund.
Anyone who purchased the Sargento products can check if their product is affected by visiting info.sargento.com and using the “Product Check” tool. Consumers who have purchased one of the affected products should call Sargento Consumer Affairs at 1-800-243-3737 between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. Central Time.