CINCINNATI -- Meijer and Wisconsin-based cheesemaker Sargento Foods Inc. are expanding their recalls of cheese products because they might be contaminated with the bacteria that causes listeria.
Meijer is adding these products after the manufacturer, Deutsch Kase Haus, told the grocery chain they could be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes:
- Meijer Natural Cheese Chunk Muenster 8 oz., UPC 8-86926-27573-5, Best if Used By dates 3/28/17, 5/13/17 and 6/10/17
- Meijer Natural Cheese Chunk Colby 8 oz., UPC 7-13733-34047-2, Best if Used By date 7/10/2017
- Meijer Natural Cheese Chunk Colby Jack 8 oz., UPC 7-13733-34058-8, Best if Used By 7/10/2017
Anyone who purchased the Meijer products should not use them and return them to the store where they were purchased for a full refund.
New products Sargento added to the recall include:
- Sargento Sliced Colby, 8 oz., UPC 4610000105, Sell By date 15MAY17F
- Sargento Sliced Muenster, 8oz., UPC 4610000107, Sell By dates 05MAR17F, 06MAR17F, 15APR17F, 16APR17F and 17APR17F
- Sargento Sliced Pepper Jack, 7.5 oz., UPC 4610000122, Sell By date 03MAY17B
- Sargento Sliced Tomato & Basil Jack, 6.67 oz., UPC 4610000279, Sell By date 03MAR17B
- Sargento Shredded Reduced Fat Colby-Jack, 8 oz., UPC 4610041018, Sell By date H07APR17
- Sargento Shredded Chef Blends 4 Cheese Pizzeria, 8 oz., UPC 4610041105, Sell By date H10APR17
- Sargento Artisan Blends Double Cheddar Shredded Cheese, 8 oz., UPC 4610040094, Sell By date H08JUN17 and H09JUN17
Sargento also is adding "Sell By" dates to some of the products that were previously recalled Feb. 10 :
- Sargento Ultra Thin Sliced Longhorn Colby, 6.84 oz., UPC 4610000228, Sell By dates 02FEB17F, 01MAR17B and 16MAR17F
- Sargento Chefs Blend Taco Blend Shredded Cheese, 8 oz., UPC 4610040002, Sell By dates H11MAY17 and H01JUN17
- Sargento Sliced Pepper Jack, 12oz., UPC 4610000108, Sell By dates 02MAY17B, 03MAY17B, 11JUN17B
- Sargento Sliced Colby-Jack, 12oz., UPC 4610000109, Sell By date 01MAY17B
- Sargento Off the Block Fine Cut Colby-Jack Shredded Cheese, 8 oz., UPC 4610040014, Sell By date H06MAY17
- Sargento Chef Blends Nacho & Taco Shredded Cheese, 8oz., UPC 4610040041, Sell By dates H04MAY17, S15MAY17 and H01JUN17
- Sargento Off the Block Fine Cut Cheddar Jack Shredded Cheese, 8 oz., UPC 4610040076, Sell By dates H07MAY17, H08MAY17 and H09MAY17
No one's reported getting sick yet, but Sargento said it was recalling more products just to be cautious.
Sargento also said it's ended its relationship with Deutsch Kase Haus.
A full list is available on Sargento's website .
Anyone who purchased the Sargento products can check if their product is affected by visiting info.sargento.com and using the “Product Check” tool. Consumers who have purchased one of the affected products should call Sargento Consumer Affairs at 1-800-243-3737 between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. Central Time.