CINCINNATI — Protect yourself from identity thieves and get rid of unwanted prescription drugs by taking part in WCPO 9 Shred Day benefitting Crime Stoppers.
The event takes place today, from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. at five Furniture Fair locations. All donations go to Crime Stoppers to help solve crimes in our community.
We must require you to follow these new procedures in order to keep everyone safe during the COVID-19 pandemic:
- Please place all paper in your trunk or back hatch. A volunteer will remove the paper for you.
- Please wear a mask or facial covering.
- Please remain in your car at all times.
- You will be able to drop prescription medication into a receptacle from your vehicle window.
- Likewise, donations can be dropped into a receptacle marked "Donations.”
Please be aware that you may encounter longer lines and wait times.
What you can shred: All paper, rubber bands, paper clips, staples, notebooks, file folders, alligator clips, blueprints.
What you CAN NOT shred: Batteries, metal items, hard drives, computers, electronics, plastic bottles, glass, perishable items, food, liquids.
What’s accepted for the Drug Take-Back: Over-the-counter medications and prescription pills.
What’s NOT accepted for the Drug Take-Back: Liquids, ointments, needles, pens, gels creams.
Participating Furniture Fair locations:
7200 Dixie Highway (RT. 4)
Fairfield, OH 45014
3710 Alexandria Pike
Cold Spring, KY 41076
4363 Eastgate Square Dr.
Eastgate, OH 45245
8760 Colerain Ave.
Northgate, OH 45251
9591 Fields Ertel Road
Loveland, OH 45140