CINCINNATI -- National Taco Day (appropriately) falls on Taco Tuesday this year and if you’re not looking to head out to a taqueria, you can still celebrate at home.
I combed Pinterest to look for unique taco recipes from local food bloggers. Be sure to follow 9 On Your Side on Pinterest here.
- Cheesy Potato Taco Casserole: From the bloggers at ‘Wanna Bite’ this recipe combines potatoes, ground beef and a quick turnaround time for a different take on traditional tacos. Recipe here.
- Skinny Spaghetti Squash Tacos: If you haven’t read the story of Brooke Griffin’s 'Skinny Mom' brand, it’s worth looking into. Here’s a look at her spin on vegetarian tacos, if you feeling like switching things up and participating in Meatless Monday on Taco Tuesday. Recipe here.
- Skinny Deep Dish Taco Pizza: Another 'Skinny Mom' specialty, for when you can’t choose between tacos and pizza. Recipe here.
- BBQ Mahi Mahi Tacos: Never tried BBQ fish before? This could be a good day to explore something new, from 'The Food Hussy.' Recipe here.
- Whole-Grain Corn Tortillas: Have a family member who can’t eat gluten? These tortilla’s from 'Modern. Healthy. You' are gluten-free! Recipe here.
- Taco Soup: If you love this 'Foodtastic Mom' recipe, you’ll be able to make another batch to keep in the freezer! Recipe here.
- Cincinnati Chili Tacos: 'Noble Pig' isn’t a local blog, but their recipe calls for a mean Cincinnati Chili taco recipe. Find it here.
- Crockpot Taco Pork Chops: Another ‘Wanna Bite’ creation. Only two ingredients needed! Recipe here.
Raspberry Lime Shrimp Tacos: A truly different spin on a classic, from ‘The Food Hussy.’ Recipe here.