We can’t blame this one on those meddling kids; it’s careless parents and a store in New Zealand at fault!
Store owners have apologized after horrified parents said they bought "Scooby Snacks" intended for animals that were placed next to chips and other kiddie grub, according to The New Zealand Herald.
"I got these today not knowing they were dog food (and) tried giving one to my 1-year-old. Lucky he wasnt hungry and I ended up eating one and spitting it back out, followed by reading the packet more,” one mother wrote on Facebook.
Store representative Antoinette Laird said the dog treats were displayed in the “Aisle of Value” area and had been “clearly labelled” as pet treats. However, she said the store relocated the product to the pet food aisle and then stopped selling the item.
"On reflection, we can see how the cartoon characters on the packaging might be confusing,” Laird said.