CINCINNATI -- Did you realize that May 13, written in shorthand, includes the same numbers as the Cincinnati area code? So, happy 513 Day!
Seriously, this is really a thing. And in honor of 513 Day, we’re celebrating the Greater Cincinnati region. (Yes, that means you, too, Northern Kentucky. Unfortunately, there’s no 59th day of August to celebrate as 859 Day.)
And in case you’ve missed them, here's a look back at some of our popular quizzes, stories and other features that spotlight aspects of Cincinnati’s rich past and thriving present.
- Does your blood run Red -- like, Reds red -- and are your dreams filled with endless cheese coneys? Take our quiz to find out how Cincinnati you really are.
- If you've been in Cincinnati for more than five minutes, you've probably been asked: Where did you go to high school? The answer means everything. But maybe you didn't grow up here or don't strongly identify with your local alma mater. So, we created this quiz: Which Cincinnati high school should you have gone to?
- The Queen City is drawing a lot of national kudos for its affordability, livability and entertainment. Here are some accolades Cincinnati has received in recent years.
- From industry to the arts, science and technology to sports, Cincinnatians have influenced how the entire United States lives, works and plays. Here’s a list of nine Cincinnatians who have influenced at least the last 100 years.
- Cincinnati has some big fans, from hometown celebrities such as George Clooney to those introduced to it because of their work. Here are nine times stars showed their love for the 513.
Then and Now: Interactives Reveal How City Has Changed
In our recurring "Then and Now" series, we compare historic photos from Cincinnati's past to more recent images:
- A trip back in time at Kings Island
- A look back at 'Rain Man' in Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky
- An interactive look at Cincinnati's past
- The rise, fall and rebirth of Over-the-Rhine
- The evolution of Cincinnati's riverfront
- How a troubled Washington Park became the centerpiece of a city
- A look at neighborhood theaters
Dining Guides Help You Eat Your Way Around Town
Cincinnati foodie blogger Julie Niesen Gosdin (aka @winemedineme on Twitter) offers her Top 9 picks in a range of cuisine categories, from burgers to brunch. And because a girl has to eat, she promises to keep them coming.
- The Top 9 Tri-State chili parlors
- Cincinnati's best burgers
- Have you tried all of Cincinnati's iconic bars?
- Cincinnati's most iconic restaurants
- Find the best margaritas in Cincinnati
- Cincinnati's best Mexican restaurants
- Who has the Tri-State's best coffee?
- Cincinnati's best brunch spots
- Best Italian restaurants in the region
Who Knew: Learn Cincinnati History
Our history contributor Brent Coleman looks for the iconic and odd and asks: Who Knew? And, then well, he answers it.
- A look at the celebrities tied to the Queen City
- Bengals joined the AFL in 1968, but team existed back in 1937
- Early Reds owner credited with being 'Father of the World Series'
- Henry Probasco gave Cincinnati the city's iconic Tyler Davidson Fountain
- Cincinnati, long known for its beer, once was famed for Catawba wine
- Mural portrays OTR saloon owner as so strong he could lift entire Reds team