CINCINNATI - Twelve major broadcast groups can't be wrong. In 2012, the companies, including WCPO's parent E.W. Scripps, came together to develop Dyle™ mobile TV through a joint venture.
Dyle™ mobile TV is a service that gives you the ability to watch live, local broadcast television on select mobile devices in select cities, including Cincinnati . To use Dyle™ mobile TV, smartphone users need a device, like the one below, available through local and national retailers.
Here's how the company describes Dyle™ mobile TV:
"Using a special mobile digital broadcast signal, we are able to deliver programming from our participating networks. So save your bandwidth, and watch TV on your device over the air."
Dyle™ mobile TV is already available in Cincinnati. On Friday the company brings its National Coffehouse Mobile TV Tech Tour to town to show consumers how it works. Starting at 9 a.m. representatives will have interactive demonstrations, giveaways, and free food at a coffee house in Price Hill. Consumers can learn about retailers and meet representatives of Tri-State broadcasters, including WCPO.
More about mobile TV
- A Council for Research Excellence study shows about 2 percent of TV viewing happens on mobile device; the number is 7 percent for people who are early adopters
- TV junkies rejoice—you can now watch shows and movies just about everywhere (Consumer Reports)
If you go: The National Coffehouse Mobile TV Tech Tour
- Free and open the public
- 9 a.m. Live interactive demos
- 11 a.m. Announcement and giveways
- Bloc Coffee Co., 3101 Price Ave., Cincinnati