ERLANGER, Ky. - How well do you know the top man or woman in your community? Each Wednesday "Meet the Mayor" introduces you to the people charged with keeping Tri-State municipalities ticking.
- RELATED: Meet the Mayor: David B. Moore will give you a tour of Greenhills & talk about 'The Naked Cowboy'
Thomas L. Rouse (born Aug. 31, 1952): Erlanger, Ky.
Elected: November 2007
Claim to fame: Nicknamed "The Friendship City"
Born and raised in Erlanger, Thomas L. Rouse graduated from Lloyd Memorial High School and has lived here most of his life. His father, Clyde Rouse, was Erlanger’s city coordinator. Tom Rouse spent 13 years on city council, and is in his eighth year as mayor.
Rouse is practicing attorney with 35 years under his belt. He serves as president of the Kentucky Bar Association and is a past president and co-founder of the Northern Kentucky Bar Association.
Recognized as Northern Kentucky's Distinguished Attorney in 2007, he was awarded the Richard Lawrence Lifetime Achievement Award. He graduated from the University of Virginia School of Engineering and Applied Science and the University of Kentucky College of Law.
In 2012, Rouse was inducted into the Northern Kentucky Sports Hall of Fame . His track record includes:
- Playing offensive guard on the Lloyd Memorial High School football team
- Playing football at the University of Virginia
- Officiating football, basketball and baseball at the high school level
- Serving as legal counsel for Northern KY Athletic Conference
Erlanger’s mayoral office is non-partisan and pays approximately $8,500 per year.
Q&A with Mayor Rouse
1. What is the single biggest issue facing Erlanger?
Maintaining our high quality public services within the means provided by our revenue sources. It is a continuing challenge.
2. If someone were to visit Erlanger for the first time, what should they see and do?
Visit our Railroad Park with the historic wooden depot building that houses the Erlanger Historical Society. Have goetta and eggs at the Colonial Cottage. Visit the amazing Erlanger branch of the Kenton County Public Library.
3. What is your proudest accomplishment as mayor?
Helping assemble our current management team and assisting this group as best I can.
4. What do you hope is different about Erlanger in ten years?
That some of our older neighborhoods are revitalized and our business/industrial areas are developed.
5. What are your political aspirations?
6. I bet you didn’t know...
...That Erlanger is the home of Toyota Engineering and Manufacturing of America !
More about Erlanger
We want to meet more mayors. If you are one or know one, please drop us a line: Email email@example.com