Tri-State Briefs: June 12, 2014

5 charged after police respond to Clifton party

CINCINNATI -- Five people were charged Thursday after a large party in Clifton led police to respond to the residence three separate times.

The party was located at the corner of Warner and Ohio streets.

Police say the third time they were called to the residence some party goers started throwing bottles from a second story window.

Five people were charged with public intoxication, misconduct in an emergency, loud music and disturbing the peace.


Small fire at Busken Bakery in Hyde Park

CINCINNATI -- A small fire broke out at Busken Bakery in Hyde Park early Thursday morning.

The flames started at about 3:30 a.m. at the shop located at 2675 Madison Road near Edwards Road.

Fire crews quickly put the fire out and said they had a similar incident at the bakery recently.

Officials say the fire started in the roof area at the flue pipe due to a vent pipe that was too close to combustibles.

The store sustained damages totaling $5,000.


Man shot along Westwood Northern Boulevard

CINCINNATI -- A man is recovering after being shot along Westwood Northern Boulevard early Thursday.

The attack happened at about 3:30 a.m.

Police spent about an hour looking for a possible suspect at a nearby apartment complex but didn’t find anything.

The victim is expected to be OK. No other details have been released.


Chase leads to shooting in Westwood

CINCINNATI – A chase led to a shooting in Westwood that put one man in a hospital.

The attack happened early Thursday morning near McHenry Avenue and Ferncrest Court.

The victim told police a man in another car started chasing him on McHenry Avenue and he was eventually shot in the back at Ferncrest Court.

The victim is expected to survive. Police have not released any other details.


SWAT called to Blue Ash domestic incident

BLUE ASH, Ohio -- A SWAT team was called out Thursday morning to help Blue Ash police deal with a domestic situation.

Officers said the incident was first reported at 7:14 a.m. at a home in the 3600 block of Cooper Road.

Police said that when they arrived, they found that a man and woman had barricaded themselves in the house. The couple refused to answer the door.

At that point, Blue Ash police decided to call in the Hamilton County SWAT team. The couple peacefully surrendered to police at about 8:22 a.m.

Cooper Road was closed between Waxwing and Mohler Road during the incident.

No injuries were reporting. The couple faces charges of inducing panic.

Print this article Back to Top


or Subscribe now so you can share your opinion! It’s only a penny for a month trial.