CINCINNATI -- Superheroes unite!
The Cincinnati Bar Association Young Lawyer's Section is hosting its 18th annual Superhero Run for Kids 5K charity event Friday night downtown.
The event benefits ProKids, an organization focused on changing the lives of abused and neglected children in Cincinnati who have been removed from their homes and placed in the foster care system.
The race is family-friendly with adults and children of all ages allowed to participate in the 5K run and fitness walk.
For young superheroes not running in the big race, a “Kids Fun Run” immediately follows the 5K and all children who participate receive a prize, according to ProKids.
The run begins at 7 p.m. on Sycamore Street between Fifth and Sixth streets.
The following streets will close or have restrictions starting at 6 p.m. and remain closed until the run is complete (usually by 9 p.m.):
- Sycamore Street- closed between Eighth Street and Fifth Street
- Sentinel Street- closed between Fifth Street and Eggleston Avenue
- Eggleston Avenue- northbound only closed between Third Street and Reedy Street
- Reedy Street- northbound only closed between Eggleston Avenue and Court Street
- Court Street- eastbound only closed between Reedy Street and Gilbert Avenue
- Gilbert Avenue- closed between Broadway and Court Street
- Gilbert Avenue- northbound only closed between Court Street and Eden Park Drive
- Eden Park Drive- closed between Gilbert Avenue and Fulton Avenue
- Art Museum Drive- closed between Mt Adams Drive and Eden Park Drive
For more information about the Run for Kids, CLICK HERE.