Residents escaped a fire Friday morning at their Hamilton home on Ludlow Street while crews saved a puppy.
There's more to the story when you become an Insider. WCPO Insider's membership is an additional benefit on top of everything you can get for free on WCPO.com. We created an entire digital organization dedicated to bringing you exclusive access to in-depth stories that you can’t get anywhere else, handpicked events, and incredible savings on things you love to do. To find out more click here.
HAMILTON, Ohio -- Residents escaped a fire Friday morning at their Hamilton home on Ludlow Street.
The blaze was called into the Hamilton Fire Department shortly after 11:30 a.m., when the caller reported a person trapped by flames on the building's second floor. First responders searched both floors of the four-unit apartment building, but found that everyone had escaped.
One resident tried to save a puppy from the second floor, and suffered burns to his face and hands. The puppy made its way into the arms of firefighters, who were able to resuscitate the animal.
As reported by Capt. Joe Stamper, the fire started from an accident with a portable heater, and caused about $50,000 of damage.
READ MORE: House fire displaces three adults near Hamilton 20 people evacuated from homes after fire in Hamilton