Photos courtesy Rick Fenbers/CreepyCincinnati.com, and Wiki Creative Commons.
CINCINNATI – Our region is filled with legends, myths, fables, folklore and whispers of the paranormal.
For years, these stories have been passed down, changed and adapted. But they all have one thing in common: They’re pretty eerie.
Are ghosts real? All of the 10 major paranormal investigator groups in the Tri-State say: yes.
Before the skeptic in you starts shaking your head, consider these findings from a Nielson Company Harris Poll :
Just in time for Halloween, below is a map of the Tri-State’s “Most Haunted” places. With help from blogger Rick Fenbers of CreepyCincinnati.com and the Hamilton County Ohio Exploration Society , find the spots locals swear they’ve seen ghosts, demons and everything in between.
That is, if you’re brave enough…
THE TRI-STATE'S 'MOST HAUNTED' PLACES (WCPO does not condone trespassing. If we're missing a well-known legend or haunted spot, email me at email@example.com )
For more local stories about the paranormal, go to wcpo.com/haunted . There, you'll find stories like:
- Former ammo factory a hot spot for 'ghost hunters' and police
- Abandoned local school becomes 'haunted' legend
- Inside the 'haunted' tunnels under the West Side
- Something is 'terrifying' Arnold's Bar customers
- Hamilton mom: I live in a murder house
- Cops, homeowners struggle with 'portal to hell'
- Meet the men behind real local exorcisms
- Local couple are real-life 'Ghostbusters'