Photo by WCPO's Brian Yocono
A West Price Hill family of seven is out of a home after flames tore through their residence early Thursday.
CINCINNATI -- A West Price Hill family of seven is out of a home after flames tore through their residence early Thursday.
The fire started at about 3 a.m. at the household located in the 4100 block of Francis Avenue.
Two adults and five children were inside the home when the fire broke out.
Fire crews say the flames started in the basement and traveled upwards through the wall stud chases to the first and second floors.
Officials believe the fire may have sparked due to an electrical issue but the Cincinnati Fire Department is continuing in their investigation.
It took 37 responding firefighters about 30 minutes to extinguish the fire.
Damage is estimated at $15,000 and the Red Cross is assisting the family.
No injuries have been reported.