- Mostly cloudy
CINCINNATI -- A local man won the World Series of Poker Circuit Main Event at Horseshoe Casino Cincinnati Monday night.
Brad Albrinck beat out 740 entrants in the four-day event, earning a total of $221,994, a WSOP gold ring, and a seat in the season-ending WSOP National Championship at Caesars Atlantic City next spring.
That's where Albrinck will have the chance to play for a share of a $1 million prize pool and a WSOP gold bracelet, all of which will be televised by ESPN.
“I’ve been to a few different stops and I honestly feel that this is one of the best run venues I’ve seen,” said Albrinck about the event. “Having it 20 minutes away from my house is pretty nice also.”
In 2012, Albrinck finished in sixth place at the WSOP circuit at Horseshoe Casino Hammond in Indiana.
Horseshoe Casino Cincinnati reports 25 percent of the 12 WSOP rings were awarded by Ohioans during the 12-day tournament.
The 2013/2014 WSOP Circuit at Horseshoe Casino Cincinnati was the first time the state of Ohio hosted a major poker tournament series.
Below are the 12 winners.
- Event #1: $365 No-Limit Hold’em, Caufman Talley from Lafayette, LA defeated 308 players for $21,716.
- Event #2: $365 No-Limit Hold’em Re-Entry, Jason Hill from Burton, OH defeated 1,106 players for $60,554.
- Event #3: $365 Limit Omaha Eight or Better, Samuel Panzica from Saline, MI defeated 148 players for $12,434.
- Event #4: $365 No-Limit Hold’em, Chris Parsons from Mentor, OH defeated 196 players for $15,289.
- Event #5: $580 No-Limit Hold’em Six-Handed, Darren Rabinowitz from Las Vegas, NV defeated 138 players for $19,664.
- Event #6: $580 Pot-Limit Omaha Triple Chance, Chris Karambinis from Chicago, IL defeated 106 players for $15,902.
- Event #7: $580 No-Limit Hold’em, Robert Edelstein from Chicago, IL defeated 163 players for $22,008.
- Event #8: $365 Pot-Limit Omaha with Re-Buys, Samuel Panzica from Saline, MI defeated 94 players for $21,538 and his second victory of the 12-day series.
- Event #9: The Main Event, Brad Albrinck from Cincinnati, OH defeated 740 players for $221,994.
- Event #10: $365 No-Limit Hold’em, Pavlin Karakikov from Bulgaria, defeated 203 players for $15,835.
- Event #11: $365 No-Limit Hold’em, John Robertson from Las Vegas, NV defeated 138 players ($365 NLH) for $11,589.
- Event 12: $365 No-Limit Hold’em One-Day, Andrew Spears from Buffalo, NY defeated 120 players for $10,081.
Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.