CINCINNATI - City Manager Milton Dohoney Jr. has selected 11 members to a screening committee as the city continues its search for the next chief of police.
Already, 13 applications have been received by the city manager’s office.
The members of the screening committee are:
• Ms. Anzora Adkins, President, Evanston Community Council
• Ms. Donna Jones Baker, President, Urban League of Greater Cincinnati
• Mr. Anthany Beatty, Assistant Vice President, University of Kentucky
• Mr. Bill Burwinkel, CEO National Marketshare Group
• Mr. Rick Kimbler, NorthPointe Group
• Ms. Elizabeth Sherwood, President, College Hill Forum
• Ms. Mary Stagaman, Cincinnati USA Regional Chamber, Vice President for Regional Initiatives, Executive Director, Agenda 360
• Ms. Beth Stautberg, Vice President & General Counsel, Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center
• Pastor Enis Tait, Church of the Living God, C.W.F.F.
• David Holmes, Assistant City Manager, City of Cincinnati
• Georgetta Kelly, Director of Human Resources, City of Cincinnati
“There are no predetermined finalists. The committee is simply looking for the best person to lead our Police Department,” Dohoney said in a statement.
The screening committee will review the applications and provide recommendations to Dohoney. The selection of the next chief is solely Dohoney’s.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled with interviews beginning July 19, the priority application deadline, according to the city manager’s office.
Paul Humphries, executive assistant chief under Chief James Craig, serves as the interim police chief until a replacement is selected. Craig’s last day was Saturday, June 22, and will assume his post as Detroit’s police chief on approximately July 1.
Craig left the department after a little less than two years, and departed as the only external hire and black chief of police in Cincinnati’s history. Craig, a Detroit native, interviewed for the Detroit position in 2010, before becoming Cincinnati’s 13th chief in August 2011.
Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.