CINCINNATI - It’s Halloween week, meaning it’s time to pull out the costumes and candy, even if it might be a rainy All Hallows Eve. We’ll tell you more about it in the 9 things to know this week.
1. Expect a pretty pleasant weather week, until Halloween night. A cold front is expected Thursday, according to the 9 First Warning Weather forecast.
2. Gas prices are dipping this week ! According to AAA a gallon of gas costs $3.21 on average in Ohio.
3. The Cincinnati Bengals plowed past the New York Jets this week, beating them 49 to 9. They’ll play the Miami Dolphins in Miami on Halloween night.
4. If you know many babies named Emma or William in Cincinnati there's a good reason. They’re the top baby names Cincinnatians chose in 2012, according to a list released this week by the Cincinnati Health Department .
5. Taking the kids to trick-or-treat means you’ll want to know when they can get goodies in your neighborhood. Here’s a list of Tri-State trick-or-treat times .
6. Speaking of trick-or-treat, if you’re planning on handing out candy then you’ll want to check out John Matarese’s story on the lowest Halloween candy prices so you don’t waste your money .
7. Finally, if you want to show off your costume, your kid’s costume or your pet’s costume you can email us at NewsDesk@WCPO.com, post it to our Facebook wall or tweet @WCPO . You could see it in our Halloween Facebook album or on Good Morning Tri-State.
8. Parents, you’ll want to know about a report from the Journal Pediatrics that came out this week. It claims healthy children can die from the flu if they don’t get vaccinated.
9. November 1 is the beginning of National Adoption Month. Here are a few resources: