CINCINNATI - Could our water hold billions of dollars? Will the Reds grab a wild card spot? And are you ready to rock at MidPoint Music Fest? Only time will tell. Check out our 9 things to know this week.
1. Finally feels like fall, doesn’t it? Your 9 First Warning Weather forecast has fall temperatures for the beginning of the week, but you might see highs hitting 80 before the week is out.
2. The Cincinnati Reds could clinch a spot in the postseason this week and you could watch it at Great American Ball Park against the New York Mets or Pittsburgh Pirates.
- ICYMI > Cincinnati Reds, Pittsburgh Pirates: Billy Hamilton shines as Reds beat Pirates 11-3 to tie for wild card lead
3. Can’t get enough of your Cincinnati Bengals? They play this weekend, too. They’ll face the Browns in Cleveland on Sunday at 1 p.m.
4. Summer construction season might be over, but a number of new construction projects start this week. We’ve got the latest on that here.
5. Cincinnati’s liquid assets might not be what you think. WCPO has partnered with WVXU to examine the Tri-State’s water technology potential. It could be worth billions.
6. It’s been three years since Florence teen and mother Paige Johnson disappeared in Covington. A vigil is being held in her honor in Covington on Sept. 23.
7. If you live in the city of Cincinnati and want to talk to your city council member about your neighborhood, now’s the time. The Candidate-Citizen Conversation will be held on Sept. 23. Our story includes a list of other upcoming forums and debates.
8. It’s MidPoint Music Festival week, which means you can expect a large number of locals rocking out downtown. WCPO will have be attending the event and you can catch up on what you need to know before it starts from Arts and Entertainment reporter Matt Peiken.
9. It’s a Facebook face-off! We like Kathrine Nero and John Matarese a whole bunch and want to see how many fans they can get on Facebook. So Good Morning Tri-State and Don’t Waste Your Money fans, login to your Facebook account and “like” either Kathrine or John!
Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Middletown police officers found the body of a woman inside a vehicle in Middletown Monday afternoon.
The Reds have been outscored 20-3 in their last three games and now have a spring training record of 4-10.
A man of East Price Hill is expected to appear in court Tuesday morning, about two years after his "hoarder house" became a problem…
The Union Township nanny accused of producing and possessing child pornography will be in court Tuesday to change his plea from not guilty to…
From March 2012 to March 2013, the year prior to the casino opening, there were a total of 38 crimes reported in the area surrounding the…
Find out about minority inclusion at City Hall, efforts to deal with Cincinnati's looming deficit and more on Political Cocktail.
An unidentified man robbed a bank on South Gilmore Road at about 11:45 a.m. Monday.
Members of University of Cincinnati's faculty union have overwhelmingly approved the contract hammered out after protracted negotiations.
Undercover narcotics agents in Butler County were busy over the weekend, netting thousands of dollars in drugs, three vehicles, a hand gun…
Cincinnati Zoo officials are planning the facility’s first gorilla birth in nearly eight years after discovering a gorilla at the…