STONELICK TOWNSHIP, Ohio – A man trying to keep his mule warm on a back porch inadvertently burned down his own home.
The owner of a house at 1850 Ohio 131 near Chestnut lane told fire officials he placed a heating device near his mule for the night. That heater fell over into nearby hay, sparking the blaze that would consume the whole structure.
The fire was first reported at about 9:10 p.m. By the time firefighters arrived flames already moved up the back of the house and eventually spread into the living room, second floor and attic.
No one was injured in the incident. The house was a total loss.
Copyright 2014 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
A new Kroger Marketplace opens Thursday in Northern Kentucky. But what does that mean for its old store, right next door?
A high-speed police chase began on I-275, after a man stole a car from Dayton, Ky., and drove to Union Township, crashing into the bedroom of…
Looking to keep its fiscal house in order, University of Cincinnati is hiking tuition by 2 percent across the board while cutting vacation…
Investigators believe speed played a role in a fatal motorcycle wreck Saturday night in Clermont County.
A Clermont County golf course became the scene of an emergency airplane landing Saturday morning.
They may amount to several years of headaches for some Tri-State motorists, but hundreds of road projects scheduled across the state of Ohio…
Authorities have arrested two men and a woman in connection with a southwestern Ohio home invasion in which an elderly resident was tied up…
In this year's rendition of the Findlay Market Opening Day Parade, a special float dedicated to the men and women who’ve served and…
An elderly man is recovering after police say two men held him hostage in his own home.
John Kelley forced the boy to stand outside a Kroger store wearing a sign that said, "I pee on my family if I don't get my way."