CINCINNATI - September continues to be a hot time in the Tri-State, and there is plenty going on around the region, as usual.
1. It’s going to be a hot one, then a seasonable one. We’re talking weather, with 9 First Warning Weather forecasting highs in the 90s at the beginning of the week and chances of rain. Here’s your forecast.
2. What are gas prices looking like this week? We’ll tell you here.
3. The Cincinnati Reds are tied with the Pittsburgh Pirates right now, coming off a sweep of the L.A. Dodgers. The Redlegs play at Great American Ball Park this week against the Chicago Cubs and then are off to Milwaukee to face the Brewers.
4. It’s been 12 years since the 9/11 terrorist attacks. Wednesday is the anniversary of the tragedy.
5. The Hoxworth Blood Center and Cincinnati Fire Department are promoting blood donation in remembrance of the victims of 9/11. You can go to hoxworth.org or call 513-451-0910 to find out where you can donate.
6. Pre-teen girls have something to look forward to with Girls On The Run starting this week. GOTR is a 10-week initiative aimed at building self-esteem for girls while teaching them healthy habits. It culminates in an October 5K.
7. How are local companies keeping the customer at the center of their marketing plans? We’ll find out this week at Digital Dialog Cincinnati, an event meant to show off Cincinnati’s expertise.
8. Professional football is back. The Bengals aren’t playing this weekend, but you can catch them against the Pittsburgh Steelers next Monday night.
9. The latest from Syria has Syrian President Bashar Assad promising reprecussions against any U.S. military strikes.
Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
A new Kroger Marketplace opens Thursday in Northern Kentucky. But what does that mean for its old store, right next door?
A man called authorities from a Brown County home Friday to report another man shooting a gun under the same roof, and both men were arrested.
Students, street artists and community activists made their way to the campus of Northern Kentucky University to raise money for a good cause…
One of his toughest and most rewarding nights yet, Ryan Braun called 911 when his wife's water broke ... but the couple didn't even…
A deadly crash on I-71 should be a warning to drivers and a reminder of the risks road crews face on Tri-State highways.
The driver of a Cincinnati Metro Bus has a broken leg after she crashed into the side of a building in Walnut Hills Wednesday evening.
A petition filed Wednesday could push Brown County's coroner out of the job.
Fairfield police say they know who stabbed 15-year-old Chelsea Johnson to death almost exactly two years ago.
"We as a student body are asking for help.” Those are the words spoken by a Scott High School student Monday night that have set…
Someone has been stealing purses from yoga classes throughout the area, but one studio owner's alert may have ended the crime spree.