CINCINNATI - September continues to be a hot time in the Tri-State, and there is plenty going on around the region, as usual.
1. It’s going to be a hot one, then a seasonable one. We’re talking weather, with 9 First Warning Weather forecasting highs in the 90s at the beginning of the week and chances of rain. Here’s your forecast.
2. What are gas prices looking like this week? We’ll tell you here.
3. The Cincinnati Reds are tied with the Pittsburgh Pirates right now, coming off a sweep of the L.A. Dodgers. The Redlegs play at Great American Ball Park this week against the Chicago Cubs and then are off to Milwaukee to face the Brewers.
4. It’s been 12 years since the 9/11 terrorist attacks. Wednesday is the anniversary of the tragedy.
5. The Hoxworth Blood Center and Cincinnati Fire Department are promoting blood donation in remembrance of the victims of 9/11. You can go to hoxworth.org or call 513-451-0910 to find out where you can donate.
6. Pre-teen girls have something to look forward to with Girls On The Run starting this week. GOTR is a 10-week initiative aimed at building self-esteem for girls while teaching them healthy habits. It culminates in an October 5K.
7. How are local companies keeping the customer at the center of their marketing plans? We’ll find out this week at Digital Dialog Cincinnati, an event meant to show off Cincinnati’s expertise.
8. Professional football is back. The Bengals aren’t playing this weekend, but you can catch them against the Pittsburgh Steelers next Monday night.
9. The latest from Syria has Syrian President Bashar Assad promising reprecussions against any U.S. military strikes.
Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
A woman was shot in her knee while sitting outside on her Avondale balcony Friday night.
A man is dead after he was shot in the face late Friday afternoon in Over-the-Rhine.
Chris Heisey hit two home runs and drove in four runs and Brandon Phillips added a homer and three RBI.
Following what state authorities called ‘one of the largest heroin busts in Kentucky history,’ U.S. Senate Republican Leader…
When Small Town America celebrates one of its own, it holds a parade. And that's what Lawrenceburg is doing for Nick Goepper.
What would be more fun: skiing around the Indianapolis Motor Speedway or driving the pace car at the 500? Nick Goepper might find out.
A chase involving a stolen vehicle ended in a crash Friday in Mount Healthy, police said.
Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine was taken to Christ Hospital Friday after falling ill before a speaking engagement in Cincinnati.
A local Marine is dead after police say he was shot in the head by a fellow Marine in California this past weekend.