CINCINNATI - What if Cincinnati hosted the Winter Olympics? The venue possibilities are probably endless, but we narrowed them down to ten. And, as a bonus, see what our Facebook fans think of the Queen City hosting the games.
- Skiing/Snowboarding events: Perfect North
Sure the trails might be a little...short, but they have lights for night skiing. Plus, they could even add a new event for "snow tubing."
- Figure Skating: US Bank Arena.
At a capacity of 17,556, the home to the Cyclones and annual monster truck shows actually has more seats than the arena in Sochi can hold (12,000)! Complete with $1 beer night.
- Luge/Skeleton: Mt. Adams
Starting at the Playhouse, this course would actually be fairly challenging, even to the most experienced sled-rides. Parking might be tough.
- Ice Hockey: Goggin Ice Center at Miami University
A state-of-the-art facility built for the Redhwaks would house the international hockey teams of 25+ easily. They could stay in the empty dorms over winter break! Can you say toga party in Finnish?
- Curling: Indian Hill Winter Club
The facility actually already has several curling courts, so... And there's even a cozy fireplace.
- Bobsled: Ault Park in Mt. Lookout
The park hosts the Reggae Run anyway, so it's only natural to adopt this Jamaican-dominated sport. Don't forget your lucky egg.
- Speed Skating: Fountain Square Ice Rink
What better place to host one of the most popular and intense events than smack dab in the middle of downtown. Skate rentals are just $3! (Please note, the woman pictured below is not competing.)
- Biathlon: Sawyer Point/The Banks/Newport on the Levee
Cross-country skiing along the banks of the Ohio River while stopping to shoot at stuff? What resident of the Tri-State wouldn't stop by to see this? As long as the river doesn't freeze....
- Ski Jumping: Price Hill/Incline District
Have a nice Italian dinner at Prima Vista, take in the beautiful view of the city and juuuuumpppppppp.... Remember, ski tips up.
- Cross Country Skiing: US 50
Start at Sayler Park and make your way to Lunken Airport for an open-field sprint to the finish. Hope we get enough snow on the ground for this one....
- Bonus! We asked you what would happen if Cincinnati hosted the Winter Olympics on our 9 On Your Side Facebook page.
And guess what, we've got a lot of comedians--and good ideas--around town. But, obviously.