We're now in July, the peak of summer.
But it's already fall in many stores that are now clearing out their summer merchandise for new fall fashions.
So now is a great time to buy anything summer related.
That's according to the website DealNews.com , which has just released a list of what to buy in July, and what not to buy.
Some of the biggest deals in July:
- DealNews says look for summer clothing marked down as much as 60 percent.
- Patio sets and grills are finally on sale, up to 50 percent off in some stores. You will find some of the best deals in stores like Walmart and Target, that are clearing out their lawn and garden departments to make way for Back-to-School items
- You'll also find discounts on travel packages for late August and September (though not for July travel, which is pretty much booked up).
- And the iPhone 5S and 5C are now on sale, in advance of this fall's new phone. Walmart has lowered the price of the 5C to just $29, with contract.
Wait for Now
What to wait on a little longer?
- DealNews says wait on air conditioners if you can: Window units go on sale in August. And in September, you can often find window units close to 50 percent off.
- DealNews says this is not the best time to buy HDTV's: Wait till November if you can, when prices are slashed.
- Don't rush to buy Amazon's new Fire phone when it's released this month for $199 (with contract). DealNews says prices are slashed on Android phones two months after release, and says if you wait until fall there's a good chance Amazon will offer incredible deals on the phone.
Laptops: It's Almost Time!
Finally, DealNews says laptop sales are heating up now for back to school.
It says you'll find the lowest laptop prices in late July and the entire month of August. That way, you don't waste your money.
"Like" John Matarese on Facebook
Follow John on Twitter (@JohnMatarese)
Sign up for the free DWYM Newsletter delivered twice-weekly to your inbox