- Light fog
CINCINNATI -- Two recalls announced this week involve thousands of Ford SUVs and a space heater you may have.
Ford Motor Co. is recalling 27,933 Edge crossovers.
The recall was issued after it was discovered a damper in the fuel line could crack and cause fuel leaks.
The recall involves Edges from the 2012 and 2013 model years with 2.0-liter engines. All of the vehicles were produced between September 2010 and April 2013.<
Ford said an improper manufacturing process could cause the damper to crack, resulting in fuel odor or leakage. Fuel leaks can lead to a vehicle fire.
Ford said it discovered the problem through warranty claims. There have been no reports of fires or injuries related to the defect.
Ford dealers will repair the fuel lines for free. The company will begin notifying owners next month.
Sears and Kmart are recalling about 42,500 Kenmore oscillating fan heaters.
The recall was issued due to the potential risk for burns or a fire.
The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission said Wednesday that broken motor mounts can cause the units to overheat and catch fire. Consumers should stop using the product and contact Sears or Kmart for a refund.
The retailers, both owned by Sears Holding Corp., have received seven reports of fan heaters smoking or catching fire. These include two reports of injuries — one case of smoke inhalation and a report of a blister to a consumer's finger.
The heaters were sold at Sears and Kmart stores nationwide from September through November for between $35 and $40.
The heaters are gray and white, measure about 12 inches tall by 9 inches wide, have two dials at the top for temperature and fan speed and a red on-off button on the front base. The recall involves model number 127.90914310, which can be found printed on a silver sticker on the bottom of the unit.
Copyright 2014 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
John Matarese has a caution about some supermarket olive oil
John Matarese checks into a viral coupon for free Chipotle burritos
John Matarese shows one downside of flying a discount airline
John Matarese looks into a problem hitting some Apple MacBooks
John Matarese explains why Ohioans with Cincinnati Bell Energy need to check their bill
About 31,000 Duraflame electric space heaters were recalled this week after reports of units melting and catching fire.
John Matarese reports on a strange charge showing up on many credit cards.
John Matarese warns about the "One-Ring" scam
When it comes to chicken, big packs of boneless breasts look like a good deal. But look closer.
John Matarese looks into an e-mail claiming to offer free credit monitoring