This time of year, shoppers love Home Depot, the number one home improvement chain in the country.
But while it's a great place to buy paint, grills, and other summer products, a new report says there are some duds to avoid.
Our partners at Consumer Reports Magazine have just put together a "Get it or Forget it" list for Home Depot.
Consumer Reports says the best things to buy at Home Depot include:
- Behr paint, top rated and affordable.
- Honda and John Deere mowers.
- Char Broil grills.
- Ridgid tools.
But consumer reports says things you may want to skip include:
- Glidden paint: "Average at best," the magazine says.
- HDX paper towels.
- Home Legend flooring: It was the lowest scoring brand of floors in consumer reports tests.
- Brinkmann Grills, which scored poorly in the magazine's testing.
Consumer Reports says if you are shopping for paint at Home Depot, you may want to head straight for their house brand, Behr Premium.
It's one of the top rated paints, and reasonably priced, so you don't waste your money.
"Like" John Matarese on Facebook
Follow John on Twitter (@JohnMatarese)
Sign up for the free DWYM Newsletter delivered twice-weekly to your inbox