BLUE ASH, Ohio -- The Firehouse Grill in Blue Ash is burning up when it comes to serving local beers and providing a wealth of options to choose from.
Thanks to a bar remodel, the restaurant will have 46 beers on tap. That’s a 53 percent increase from its previous tap list.
Of those 46, six of the beers will be served from two custom fire extinguisher-style taps.
The update also includes growlers -- specially designed for the Firehouse Grill.
There will also be changes made to the restaurant’s outdoor patio but those details are still being refined.
Firehouse Grill has adorned itself to craft beer lovers with their support of the local craft beer scene. They regularly dedicate a large percentage of their tap handles to local and regional beers. Even their beer menu is organized as such, i.e., “The Locals, Close To Home and The Rest.”
Previous bar manager Dan Shatto -- now with MadTree Brewing Company -- oversaw an expansion of tap handles last year as well as helping launch several craft beer events at Firehouse including the highly successful inaugural Battle of the Local Craft Beers in August and a Craft Beer Dinner Series featuring locals MadTree, Rhinegeist, Triple Digit, Listermann, Blank Slate and Cellar Dweller in October and November.
The latest expansion will allow Firehouse Grill to offer roughly more than two dozen local craft beer options at all times. This in addition to more than 20-plus can and bottle options including more local canned options from MadTree plus Jackie O’s, Fat Head’s and many more.
Firehouse Grill opened in March 2011 and is a massive, 12,000 square foot restaurant located on more than 2.3 acres at 4785 Lake Forest Dr. in Blue Ash, near the corner of Reed Hartman and Glendale-Milford Road.
The location was once home to Watson Bros. Brewery. The space includes two private meeting rooms and space to accommodate more than 300 guests inside.
Outside they can host over 220 guests on their beautiful two-tiered outdoor patio that overlooks a scenic pond and manicured grounds. The patio was has been voted “Best Outdoor Dining” by Cincy Magazine.
Firehouse is adjacent to the former Blue Ash Airport, which is in the middle of a transformation to an amazing new world class park dubbed Summit Park.
On Thursday, they are hosting West 6th Brewing (Lexington, Ky.) for the brewery’s Lemon Grass Wheat release and will have West 6th’s IPA and Amber on tap as well.
Firehouse plans to have a second edition of the Battle of the Local Craft Beers as well as some other exciting new events/festivals in the planning stages.
The updated tap list is below. That’s 25 dedicated to local beers.
- MADTREE – Happy Amber- 6%
- MADTREE – PsycHOPathy – IPA 7%
- MADTREE – Lift- Kolsch–Style Ale- 4.7%
- MADTREE – Galaxy High- Imperial IPA-10%
- MADTREE – Mac the Willis Irish Red-5.5%% (NEW)
- CHRISTIAN MOERLEIN- Barbarossa-Double Dark Larger- 5%
- TRIPLE DIGIT- Chickow- Hazelnut Double Brown Ale- 10%
- LISTERMANN- Nutcase- Peanut Butter Porter- 5% (NITRO)
- LISTERMANN- Pre-Prohibition Lager- 5%
- RHINEGEIST – Cougar – Golden Ale- 4.8%
- RHINEGEIST- Zen-American Pale Ale- 4.3%
- RHINEGEIST – Sabertooth- Imperial IPA- 8.5%
- RHINEGEIST- Luck of the Irish Stout-4.2% (NEW)
- 50 WEST – 3037 –Sessionable Pale Ale 5.6%
- BLANK SLATE – Fork in the Road – India Amber Ale- 6.8%
- MT. CARMEL – Amber Ale- 6%
- MT. CARMEL – Springtime Ale- ale in the Scots tradition-4.5%
- CELLAR DWELLER – Shawesome- Black IPA- 7.6%
- RIVERTOWN – Dunkel Lager- 5.8%
- RIVERTOWN – Wit-Belgian Style Wit-5.1%
- BLANK SLATE – Fume- Cherrywood Smoked Porter-5.5%
- BLANK SLATE – Long Way Home- Imperial IPA with Cocoa-
- BLANK SLATE – Movin’ On- American Session Ale- 4.2%
- BLANK SLATE – Shroominous-Brown Ale w/ Shiitake Mushrooms-8.0%
- CHRISTIAN MOERLEIN – Friend of the Irishman Stout-4.7%
CLOSE TO HOME:
- GREAT LAKES – Conway’s Irish Ale-6.5% (Cleveland, OH)
- KENTUCKY BOURBON BARREL ALE 8.2% (Lexington, KY)
- ANGRY ORCHARD – hard cider 5.5% (brewed in Cincinnati)
- SAM ADAMS – Cold Snap 5.3% (brewed in Cincinnati)
- FAT HEADS- Trail Head- Pale Ale- 6.3% (North Olmsted, OH)
- JACKIE O’s – Hop Ryot- Rye IPA-6.5% (Athens, OH)
- WEST SIXTH – Lemongrass Wheat Ale-5.7% (Lexington
- GOOSE ISLAND – 312 Urban Pale Ale-5.4%
- THREE FLOYD’S -Alpha King- Pale Ale-6.6%
- STOCHASTICITY PROJECT – Grapefruit IPA- 8.2%
- OSCAR BLUES – Old Chub- Scottish Ale- 8%
- AVERY – The Reverend- Belgian Style Ale- 10.0%
- BALLAST POINT- Big Eye IPA- 7%
- BRECKENRIDGE – Agave Wheat- 4.2%
- NEW BELGIUM- Fat Tire- Amber Ale- 5.2%
- STELLA 5%
- YUENGLING 4.2%
- GUINNESS 4.2%
- SMITHWICK’S – Irish Red Ale-4.5%
- BUD LIGHT 4.2%
For the latest on the brewing scene in the Queen City, go to: