Sunshine will rule today's forecast as high pressure keeps things quiet locally. High temperatures are expected in the mid 80s which is normal for the last day of July. Even humidity levels remain relatively low throughout the day.
We'll end up seeing a few weak cold fronts in the coming days that will bring in minor chances for rainfall. The first weak wave arrives late tonight which will result in a 20% chance for storms in the overnight hours. Many of us will see nothing out of this system, especially into northern Kentucky.
Our Saturday forecast looks dry and pleasant again. Skies will be mostly sunny, temperatures climb to the mid 80s and dew points remain low. We could see feels like temperatures at 86-88° in the peak afternoon heat.
Another weak wave will head our way on Sunday. Right now, Sunday morning looks completely dry with partly cloudy skies. It's in the afternoon hours that this minor chance for rain arrives to the Ohio Valley. The rain chance on Sunday is also at 20% so it's what we consider "minor" at this point.
Isolated storm chance
Not too humid
Not as cool
A few more clouds
- School closings
- Sign up for severe weather email and mobile alerts
- LIVE interactive radar
- Download the WCPO Storm Shield app for iTunes or for Android devices (storm-based alerts for life-threatening weather events)
- WCPO traffic updates
- Metro bus detours and updates (or call the hotline at 513-632-7538)
- Latest power outages from Duke Energy
- Flight cancelations and delays from CVG, other U.S. airports