I've been using the phrase a "Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde" Thanksgiving forecast. Spring-like weather start our holiday before off and on rain takes over during the weekend.
In the immediate future, a few high clouds are keeping the temperatures in the 40s while most spots are in the 30s. Nevertheless, temperatures will drop to the low to mid 30s by morning. The rest of the day will be another pleasantly brisk day with mostly sunny skies with highs in the mid to upper 50s.
Increasing clouds are coming for Thanksgiving, but afternoon highs continue to warm to around 60 degrees. It will make for a pleasant turkey day. Cloudy skies will begin the day on Friday before rain moves in triggered by a cold front. We have a chance for showers by midday, but the bulk of the rain will hit during the afternoon and evening.
Plus, we'll likely see scattered showers through early on Saturday. A chance for showers continues through Saturday night before another rainmaker increases our rain chances on Sunday. Highs for both weekend days drop to near 50 degrees.
Becoming mostly clear
Partly cloudy skies
Not as cold
- Sign up for severe weather email and mobile alerts
- What's a 9 First Warning Weather Alert Day?
- LIVE interactive radar
- Download the WCPO Storm Shield app for iTunes or for Android devices (storm-based alerts for life-threatening weather events)
- WCPO traffic updates
- Metro bus detours and updates (or call the hotline at 513-632-7538)
- Latest power outages from Duke Energy
- Flight cancelations and delays from CVG, other U.S. airports