CINCINNATI -- What a winning temperature comeback! Saturday, we barely made it into the 50s and today we almost reached 80. The high is 77 which came in at 3:39 p.m. We can thank high pressure anchored to our north and a mild easterly wind for our nice warm-up. The good news, the high is going to hold firm this week so our warm weather will stick around. Lows tonight are also a bonus. We bottom out around 54 which is above normal as well.
At this point, dry and unseasonably warmer weather will continue through Thursday. There will be a cool boundary approachig the Great Lakes Wednesday but forecast models have it falling apart. I think we'll see a few extra clouds from that system but no rain.
The next cold front is poised to move in Friday during the late day with scattered showers. So it looks like there will likely be showers around for Friday night football. At this point, the system doesn't look very robust so hopefully not all areas will get the rain. Cooler air will knock highs into the mid 60s Saturday but the 70s will return Sunday. Have a great week!
Some light patchy fog
Warm & dry
- Sign up for severe weather email and mobile alerts
- LIVE interactive radar
- Download the WCPO Storm Shield app for iTunes or for Android devices (storm-based alerts for life-threatening weather events)
- WCPO traffic updates
- Metro bus detours and updates (or call the hotline at 513-632-7538)
- Latest power outages from Duke Energy
- Flight cancelations and delays from CVG, other U.S. airports