Finally, sunshine and warmer temperatures are back in the forecast! Today, we'll see mostly sunny skies with warmer temperatures in the low to mid-80s. Great weather continues into the evening as well. Friday Night Frenzy will go off with out a hitch, as we open up the high school football season here in Ohio! Kentucky and Indiana have week two tonight. Good luck!
The big weather story for the next week becomes the heat that is heading our way from the Plains. Back here in the Ohio Valley, temperatures increase to the mid 80s on Saturday with higher dew points. It will finally feel more like summer again. Isolated showers and storms will be possible late Saturday into Sunday, but a widespread rain threat isn't there.
A slight chance for rain stays around for Sunday afternoon too but it won't be a washout. Afternoon highs hit the mid 80s again on Sunday with muggy conditions.
Heat continues to build as we head into the coming work week and we'll see severe days where we'll flirt with the 90 degree mark.
Still not humid
A bit warmer
Isolated showers and storms
- School closings
- Sign up for severe weather email and mobile alerts
- LIVE interactive radar
- Download the WCPO Storm Shield app for iTunes or for Android devices (storm-based alerts for life-threatening weather events)
- WCPO traffic updates
- Metro bus detours and updates (or call the hotline at 513-632-7538)
- Latest power outages from Duke Energy
- Flight cancelations and delays from CVG, other U.S. airports