An important message from WCPO:
Over the course of the past year, you may have noticed several changes to WCPO.com. Simply put, we were eager to explore new possibilities that would better meet the needs of our community. Our first major step came when we grew our team and introduced new digital reporters. Next, we unveiled our redesigned website and news apps for your smartphone and tablet.
We continually strive to exceed expectations as your local news and information source, and we are ready to embark on a new journey.
WCPO will now give you the option to subscribe to get inside access to all original stories.
The WCPO news team is fully committed to providing our community with news and information of the utmost importance – particularly around subjects that matter most to you. At its core, these changes are designed to give you additional insight and in-depth coverage when and where you want it.
Today you’ll notice a “9” icon next to certain headlines on our website and in our news apps. You’ll have the opportunity to subscribe and become an Insider if you want to continue reading these stories.
Insiders will enjoy:
- The exclusive ability to comment on WCPO.com
- Full, unlimited access to all news and information produced by WCPO
- Superior local business coverage by Dan Monk
- Investigations into local government and politics by Kevin Osborne
- Stories from some of Cincinnati’s best reporters that take a deeper look into topics of local importance such as Arts and Entertainment, Education, Life, and Crime and Justice
- Special offers
What stays the same?
All WCPO.com and app users will continue to have access to:
- Breaking news, urgent news and information that pertains to the community or public safety
- Don’t Waste Your Money
- Investigations by the 9 On Your Side I-Team
- All video from our newscasts
- Photo galleries
- Access to all of our news apps
- Headlines where you don’t see the “9” icon
We hope you’ll enjoy the enhancements we’ve created for our most valued readers.
Thank you for being a part of WCPO, in all its forms.
Dave Peterson, WCPO-Digital General Manager