CINCINNATI - Here's what to expect on Opening Week as the Reds begin the 2013 regular season of baseball in Cincinnati:
Opening Day, April 1, the Reds take on the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim at 4:10 p.m.:
• Opening Day Block Party: The second annual Reds Community Fund Charity Block Party kicks off at 11 am on Joe Nuxhall Way and Freedom Way. Food and beverages will be available for purchase from Budweiser, Coca-Cola, LaRosa's, Queen City Sausage, UDF and Kahn's. Admission is free. Music provided by WEBN. All proceeds benefit the Reds Community Fund's P&G MLB Urban Youth Academy.
• 94th Findlay Market Opening Day Parade Grand Marshal: Reds Hall of Famer George Foster will serve as the Grand Marshal of the Findlay Market parade, which begins at Noon.
• Ceremonial First Pitch: Joe Torre, manager of Team USA in the 2013 World Baseball Classic, will throw out the ceremonial first pitch.
• National Anthem: Cincinnati firefighter John Winfrey will sing the National Anthem.
• Honorary Captain: Bob Kevoian from the nationally syndicated Bob & Tom Show radio program will serve as the Honorary Captain of the Game.
• Game Ball Delivery: Fire Chief Richard A. Braun of the Cincinnati Fire Department will deliver the official Game Ball to the mound during pregame ceremonies.
• Flyover: Two T-28 Trojans and one B-25 Mitchell from the Tri-State Warbird Museum in Batavia will perform a pregame flyover.
• Wounded Hero Recognition: Senators Rob Portman (R-OH) and Sherrod Brown (D-OH) will participate in a pregame ceremony to honor wounded heroes.
• Moment of Remembrance: To honor the victims of the tragic Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting in Newtown, CT, the Reds (and all MLB teams) are wearing a symbolic ribbon patch and will observe a pregame moment of remembrance.
• American Flag: Members of the Cincinnati Fire Department will hold the giant American flag during the National Anthem. The Cincinnati Fire Department is celebrating its 160th year in 2013. The Cincinnati Fire Department was organized in 1853 and is the nation's oldest fully paid professional fire department.
• God Bless America: Local quartet The Mistics will sing God Bless America during the seventh-inning stretch.
• Rally Towels: "This is Reds Country" rally towels will be distributed at the gates (while supplies last), courtesy of Cincinnati Bell, Horseshoe Casino, Kroger, Homemade Brand Ice Cream/UDF and P&G.
Opening Night will feature Reds players in thefan zone during pre-game on Wednesday, April 3 when the Reds take on the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim at 7:10 p.m.
• Reds in the Fan Zone: Reds players and coaches to appear in the Kroger Fan Zone to walk the red carpet starting at 5:30 pm.
• National Anthem: Arin Ray, top 10 finalist on the X Factor and School for Creative & Performing Arts senior, will sing the National Anthem.
• 2013 Reds Calendar: The first 20,000 fans will receive a 2013 Team Calendar, presented by Kroger.
• Silver Slugger: 2012 NL Louisville Slugger Silver Slugger winner Jay Bruce will receive his award during pregame ceremonies.
• Ball Delivery: Miss Ohio Kristin Smith and Miss Teen Ohio Brittany Reid will deliver the official Game Ball to the mound during pregame ceremonies.
• Rusty Griswolds: 80's cover band The Rusty Griswolds will perform from a stage at the new Budweiser Bowtie Bar located on the right field porch during inning breaks and after the game.
• Postgame Fireworks presented by TriHealth: The Rusty Griswolds will play live during the post-game fireworks show featuring Rozzi's Famous Fireworks.
Thursday, April 4 - Reds vs. L.A. Angels, 12:35 pm (Gates open at 11:05 am)
• 20,000th Reds Game: Today marks the 20,000th game in Reds history, dating back to the first game played in 1882 by the Cincinnati Red Stockings of the American Association. The Reds are the fourth MLB franchise to hit the 20,000 game mark.
• Business Day Ticket Offer: Come down to Great American Ball Park for the Business Day Special. For only $15 fans get a game ticket and $10 in concession credits. Visit reds.com/skipwork to purchase.
Friday, April 5 - Reds vs. Washington Nationals, 7:10 pm (Gates open at 5:40 pm)
• Fireworks Friday: Post-game Rozzi's fireworks show will start approximately 15 minutes after the end of the game, presented by Klosterman Baking Co.
Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Darwin Barney and Welington Castillo hit two-run homers and Mike Olt added a solo shot as the Chicago Cubs broke out of…
Alfredo Simon lowered his ERA to 0.86, and the Cincinnati Reds beat the Chicago Cubs 4-1 Friday for their 16th win in their last 17…
Cincinnati Reds second baseman Brandon Phillips left Friday's game against the Chicago Cubs because of back spasms.
Cincinnati Reds closer Aroldis Chapman has been cleared to throw batting practice for the first time since he was hit in the face…
Although the Reds are three games under .500, Cincinnati's season is just getting started.
Johnny Cueto struck out 12 and Joey Votto smacked a two-run homer in the seventh inning.
Pitcher Mike Leake doubled and hit a two-run homer Tuesday night after the Pirates won the completion of Monday's suspended game.
The game that started Monday with 10 home runs ended Tuesday with hardly a whimper.
The Cincinnati Reds joined the rest of the MLB in honoring Jackie Robinson on Tuesday.
The players and managers had never seen anything like it - 10 homers - and the game isn't finished yet.