Like what you see? Join Insider on Nov. 30 for our best deal on an annual membership ever: $19.99 and we give you a $20 Amazon.com Gift Card (while supplies last).
WCPO Insider is a membership bringing you closer to the city you love. As an Insider you receive rewards, stories and access to new experiences across your community.
Chef wants fans to come for dinner, not after dinner.
Includes fish tacos, sushi, bacon sandwich.
Unofficial holiday brings Cincinnati together.
The Reds have craft beer, waffles, instant replay, social media and a whole lot more to offer fans at Great American Ball Park this season.
There's more to the story when you become an Insider. WCPO Insider's membership is an additional benefit on top of everything you can get for free on WCPO.com. We created an entire digital organization dedicated to bringing you exclusive access to in-depth stories that you can’t get anywhere else, handpicked events, and incredible savings on things you love to do. To find out more click here.
CINCINNATI - The Reds are enhancing the ballpark experience with new amenities and features for 2014 – from craft beer and waffles to instant replay and social media.
Here's what's new for fans at Great American Ball Park in 2014:
New Concessions • The Reds Brewery District – An 85-foot-long bar between Sections 117 and 118 on the third base concourse will be home to 60 taps. Click here to see the lineup of beers.
• Moerlein Lager House Craft Beer concession stands – Two stands offering several of the local favorite’s craft beers and 48 bottled beers will be located behind Section 130 on the first base concourse and 113 on the third base concourse. • Taste of Belgium concession stand – Fans can now get Cincinnati’s own Taste of Belgium waffles behind Section 133 on the first base concourse. Featured items include waffles with chocolate or strawberry toppings, Belgium fries and a Waffle ‘n’ chicken: chicken breast, Ohio maple syrup and hot sauce. New Technology
• Instant Replay – Instant replay will be available on the main video board and monitors throughout the ballpark. Fans can expect to see replays of interest at all home games, including exciting and close plays. • Reds Connect Zone – A new gathering spot to follow and engage in Reds-related social media content will be located on the third base concourse behind Section 110. The RCZ offers free WiFi and charging stations for mobile devices and will feature appearances by social media influencers. The area features more than 25 screens of Tweets, Instagram photos, Facebook polls, Vine videos, trending topics and more. The Reds Connect Zone is presented by Miami University. • iBeacons – More than 60 iBeacons were installed around the ballpark for 2014. Apple’s iBeacon technology works in tandem with MLB’s At The Ballpark app for iPhones and the Bluetooth Smart protocol. Fans using Apple iOS7 devices can receive targeted, location-based information regarding special offers, helpful ballpark information and more. To participate, fans need Bluetooth and Location Services enabled on their device. New Food and Beverages
• The Bacon Challenge at the Machine Room Grille – This new sandwich features a one-pound slab of bacon topped with shredded lettuce, tomato and black pepper mayo on an artisan roll. Fans can visit the Machine Room Grille and take The Bacon Challenge: Eating four sandwiches (plus the fixins) in one inning. Fans who complete the challenge will receive the four sandwiches for free plus an “I Conquered The Bacon Challenge” T-shirt. • Reds & Kroger “Home Team” Bottled Water – 16.9-oz. bottles will be available for $4.50 at more than 40 concession stands. Fan Clubs
• Club Red – The new official club for fans ages 13-18 will be available at all games. Members can select packages of five or eight Reds ticket vouchers for select Club Red games. Members can use all vouchers at one game or at multiple games. All members will be seated together in a special Club Red section and will receive concession credits loaded on their tickets for food and Reds merchandise at the ballpark. The Club Red membership also includes vouchers for free admission to The Beach Waterpark, Sky Zone Indoor Trampoline Park and a free hot fudge cake at Frisch’s. Membership packages start at $40 and are available at the Fan Club Booth. • Reds Rookies Baby Fan Club – The official baby club of the Reds is drafting members up to 3 years old. Members receive an exclusive Reds baby baseball cap, Reds Rookie bib and vouchers for a free Reds ticket, including marching on the field in a pregame parade. Membership kits can be purchased for $14 at the Fan Club Booth, select Kroger stores and at www.reds.com/rookies. • Reds Heads Kids Club – Now in its eighth year, this is the official fan club ages 14 and younger. The 2014 kit includes a Reds Heads backpack and jersey, a free Reds game ticket plus exclusive ballpark experiences like player autograph sessions and members-only ticket offers to captain Joey Votto figurine games and other Reds games. Membership kits can be purchased for $25 at Reds Heads Kids Clubhouse and online at www.reds.com/kidsclub. Kroger Fan Zone
Fans will be able to pose for photos at the new Great American Insurance Photo Booth, featuring a 14-foot replica of the Queen City Tower and life-size replicas of Reds mascots. Tickets, Special Seating
• April Pass – Attend all 11 home games in April for only $60 with the new April Pass, presented by Yokohama Tire. Buyers get a View Level Line seat plus four fan giveaways and two fireworks nights. Check out all the ticketing plans for the 2014 season at www.reds.com/tickets. • Renovated Luxury Suites – Two new party suites, The Club Cambria Super Suite (groups of 20 to 30) and Nor-Com Technology Super Suite (groups of 30 to 45), are available on a single-game basis. All ballpark luxury suites have received makeovers with upgraded furniture, appliances, flooring and wall graphics. Reserve
a suite at www.reds.com/tickets. Reds Hall of Fame & Museum
• Hall of Fame Induction Class of 2014 –Ken Griffey, Jr., Dave Parker, Ron Oester and the late Jake Beckley will be honored during Hall of Fame Induction Weekend Aug. 8-10.
• "Kings of the Queen City" exhibit – A new exhibit showcases 145 years of Reds history, with a dynamic graphic timeline that emphasizes the greatest moments and biggest names in Reds history and a wide range of artifacts from the early days to the present. • "Hometown Reds" exhibit – More than 100 native Cincinnatians are honored. The new exhibit features jerseys, game-used equipment and memorabilia dating back to 1869 when Charlie Gould became the first Cincinnatian to play for the hometown team.