CINCINNATI - The Cincinnati Reds are hoping to attract another record number of fans and get a win over the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim at their Opening Night game Wednesday.
The Reds will face off against the Angels at 7:10 p.m. after losing to the team 3-1 during the Opening Day game Monday. The Reds lost the 13-inning game that lasted nearly five hours.
The team is coming back ready to win and ready to bring in droves of fans similar to Opening Day, which attracted more than 43,100 fans — the largest crowd during a regular season game at Great American Ball Park.
For Opening Night, fans have a lot to look forward to before and after the game. The Reds players will walk the "Reds Carpet" in the Fan Zone starting at 5:30 p.m. Also, the first 20,000 fans at the game will receive a team calendar.
Don't hit the road too soon after the game either because the it's the first post-game fireworks show of the season. The fireworks show featuring Rozzi's Famous Fireworks will start approximately 15 minutes after the end of the game.
Some other Opening Night highlights include:
- Arin Ray, a top 10 finalist on the X Factor and School for Creative & Performing Arts senior, will perform the National Anthem.
- Jay Bruce will receive his 2012 NL Louisville Slugger Silver Slugger Award during pregame ceremonies.
- Todd Frazier will receive the Major League Baseball Players Association Players Choice Award for NL Outstanding Rookie during pregame ceremonies.
- Brandon Phillips (Team USA), Joey Votto (Team Canada) and Alfredo Simon (Dominican Republic) will be honored for playing in the World Baseball Classic during the pregame ceremonies.
- The Rusty Griswolds, an 80's cover band, will perform from a stage at the new Budweiser Bowtie Bar during inning breaks and after the game. The band will also play during the fireworks show.
For more information about ticket prices and availability, go to http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/16004A2EBCBF542C?tfl=Cincinnati_Reds-Tickets-Opening_Night-na-b2 .