CINCINNATI - The University of Louisville and University of Michigan are set to match up in the NCAA championship game Monday evening. Even though you may be watching with a busted bracket, here are some fun facts to help you stay informed about the game the teams.
1) Michigan is trying to become the 10th consecutive championship with blue as one of their primary colors.
2) This is Rick Pitino's third trip to the title game.
3) Pitino is trying to become the first coach to win NCAA titles with two different schools (Kentucky '96)
4) Louisville hasn't won an NCAA championship since Ronald Reagan was president (1986); Michigan's last title came during the George H.W. Bush administration (1989).
5) Michigan would be the lowest seed to win NCAA crown since fourth-seeded Arizona won it in 1997.
6) This is Michigan's fourth trip to the title game and the first since the infamous Chris Webber timeout incident in 1993.
7) Louisville would become first school since NCAA field expanded in 1985 to win NCAA titles representing different conferences (Metro Conference - 1986).
8) Former Pitino assistant Billy Donovan guided Florida to a repeat national title on this same Georgia Dome floor in 2007.
9) Michigan's John Beilein would be the first first-time NCAA Championship winning coach since Kansas' Bill Self in 2008.
The Cardinals and the Wolverines face off at 9:23 p.m. Monday.
Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.