- Partly cloudy
CINCINNATI-- In honor of National Coffee Day, which is Saturday, Dunkin' Donuts and CareerBuilder paired up to survey American workers to figure out which professions drank the most coffee.
More than 4,000 workers were questioned for three weeks between August and September 2012. The survey found food preparation and service workers top the list of those needing a caffeine boost. They are followed by scientists, sales reps, marketing and public relations professionals and nurses.
The survey also found 63 percent of all coffee drinkers drink two or more cups per day, with 28 percent drinking three or more per day. Workers in the Northwest drink more coffee than those in the South or Midwest. Nearly every employee said that coffee helps their productivity.
Check out the full list below, in order of coffee-drinking professions.
1) Food Preparation/Service Workers
3) Sales Representatives
4) Marketing/Public Relations Professionals
5) Nurses (Nurse, Nurse Practitioner, or Physician Assistant)
6) Editors/Writers/Media Workers
7) Business Executives
8) Teachers/Instructors (K-12)
9) Engineering Technicians/Support
10) IT Managers/Network Administrators
Copyright 2012 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.