(Photo via Ohio Peace Officers Facebook page)
CHARDON, Ohio - The teen accused of opening fire at an Ohio school back in February is scheduled to appear in court Monday.
T.J. Lane is charged with three counts of aggravated murder in the shooting at Chardon High School that killed three students and seriously wounded two more on Feb. 27.
Last week, a judge ordered 17-year-old Lane to undergo a mental competency exam and he will meet with attorneys Monday to schedule the exam.
Also, Lane will schedule a second hearing to determine whether he will be tried as an adult.
Prosecutor David Joyce says he expects the case to be moved to adult court, where Lane could face life in prison if convicted. Minors are not eligible for the death penalty in Ohio.
Prosecutor David Joyce says Lane has admitted taking a .22-caliber pistol and a knife to the high school east of Cleveland and firing 10 shots at a group of students sitting at a cafeteria table.
Lane has not yet entered a plea.
Stay with 9 News and WCPO.com for updates as they become available.