Candle may have started Aurora house fire

Fire injures 1 person

a a a a
Share this story

AURORA, Ind. - A candle may be to blame for an Aurora house fire that injured a man.

The fire broke out about 3:15 a.m. Thursday at a home in the 5700 Lower Dillsboro Road.

Fire crews could see flames shooting out of the windows of a bedroom when they arrived.

Firefighters were able to quickly douse the flames and limit the damage, officials said.

Paramedics said one occupant, 44-year-old David Faulkner, suffered smoke inhalation and was taken to Dearborn County Hospital.

No other injuries were reported and damage was estimated at about $20,000.

The fire department is investigating the cause of the fire but crews said they believe a candle may have accidentally sparked the flames.

 


View Aurora house fire injures man in a larger map

Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Print this article

Comments

Hmm... It looks like you’re not a WCPO Insider. or Subscribe now to contribute!