- Light fog
CINCINNATI - Some people just can't wait to un-deck the halls, strip the Christmas tree and kick all the festive holiday décor to the curb. Others like to keep the holiday trimmings around as long as possible—say February?
Whatever your preference, here's some information about local tree recycling drop-off locations (see our map for locations and addresses). Many communities will pick up holiday trees as part of curbside service, so be sure to check if you'd rather skip to trip to a drop-off site.
Cincinnati and Hamilton County
On Jan. 5 and Jan. 12, from noon to 3:00 p.m., residents can take holiday trees and other greenery to:
- East: Bzak Landscaping, Anderson Township
- West: Kuliga Park , Green Township
- North: Rumpke Landfill, Colerain Township
City of Fairfield
You can recycle your live trees at Waterworks Park on Groh Lane through Jan. 13.
Residents can bring Christmas trees to either Paxton Ramsey Park or Miami Meadows Park for chipping through Jan. 31, seven days a week.
Pattison Park, Clermont County Park District
County residents can drop off trees lakeside at Pattison Park through Jan. 13.
You can bring trees to the Pierce Township Hall after Christmas through the third week in January. The drop-off area will be in the parking lot closest to the ball fields and will be clearly marked.
Residents can drop their trees off at the Clermont County Fairgrounds near the horse barns through January 11. Signs will be posted and the drop off area will be roped off.
Union Township residents can drop off trees behind the Service Department Complex. The drop-off days are January 1 through January 31.
Residents can recycle holiday trees at two West Chester parks through the end of January.
- Keehner Park on Barret Road, near the tennis courts
- Beckett Park, off Union Centre Boulevard, in the parking area just before the gates
Tri-State Landscape Supply will accept trees for composting at no charge, no matter where you live. You can drop off trees Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., and Saturday, 8 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Florence & Boone County
Residents have a number of options for tree recycling. You can drop off your tree on Jan. 12 at any of the following locations:
- Boone County Farmers Market
- Ernst Stringtown Park
- Ryle High School behind stadium
- Walton Park near back ball field
- Old Flicks parking lot at Tanner's Station, Hebron
Residents of Dearborn County can drop off trees at the City of Lawrenceburg City Garage. Look for the dumpster.
- Remove all decorations from your live tree before taking it to be recycled
- Some drop-off locations are restricted to residents of a particular community
Copyright 2012 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.