- Freezing rain
CINCINNATI - Can you believe it has been 50 years since Martin Luther King Jr.’s iconic “I Have a Dream” speech? That and more in this week’s 9 things to know.
1. Kids might be heading back to school, but it doesn’t mean summer is over. This week’s forecast is said to be an all-around scorcher, with highs in the 90s. More information from 9 First Warning Weather here.
2. The Reds are out of town this week. They play against division-rival St. Louis to start the week and end it in Colorado.
3. The Cincinnati streetcar project moves forward this Monday, with buildings in Over-The-Rhine being demolished to make room for the streetcar’s maintenance and operations facility.
4. It’s back to school time in Clifton and this year a record number of Bearcats will converge on the campus. There will be 43,000 students this fall, 1,000 more than last year.
5. It has been 50 years since Martin Luther King’s iconic “I Have A Dream…” speech. August 28 marks 50 years since the March on Washington.
6. From Miley Cyrus twerking on giant teddy bears to *N'SYNC reuniting, if you’ve been on Twitter since Sunday night you’re probably seeing tons of news about MTV’s Video Music awards. We have a recap for you.
7. Oil prices are up. The latest on this here.
8. The Army psychiatrist that went on a shooting rampage that killed 13 people at Fort Hood begins the sentencing phase of his trial Monday. Nidal Hasan could receive the death penalty.
9. The dog kennel connected to three dog deaths in the area opens again Monday. The Pet Spot closed Aug. 16 after three dogs died from a violent, undetermined illness.
Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Duke Energy has been preparing for the winter storm hitting the Tri-State Friday and is offering tips to help keep the community safe.
Alcohol is suspected in a crash that sent four people to University of Cincinnati Medical Center.
Rain, sleet and snow slam the Tri-State counties Dec. 6, 2013.
It might a few months until Lent begins but it’s time now to get all that bock beer ready.
Stay up to the minute with traffic delays during Friday's winter weather.
A listing of school closures in the Tri-State on Friday, Dec. 6.
Duke Energy was reporting more than 8,500 power outages in the Anderson Township area early Friday morning.
Teddy Bridgewater made several great escapes to help No. 19 Louisville get to overtime, and Dominique Brown's 2-yard run gave the…
Members of the Harlem Globetrotters will visit the Newport Aquarium on Friday to present the 'ABCs of Bullying Prevention.'
A man was shot in the shoulder Thursday evening in Cheviot.