CINCINNATI - Can you believe it has been 50 years since Martin Luther King Jr.’s iconic “I Have a Dream” speech? That and more in this week’s 9 things to know.
1. Kids might be heading back to school, but it doesn’t mean summer is over. This week’s forecast is said to be an all-around scorcher, with highs in the 90s. More information from 9 First Warning Weather here.
2. The Reds are out of town this week. They play against division-rival St. Louis to start the week and end it in Colorado.
3. The Cincinnati streetcar project moves forward this Monday, with buildings in Over-The-Rhine being demolished to make room for the streetcar’s maintenance and operations facility.
4. It’s back to school time in Clifton and this year a record number of Bearcats will converge on the campus. There will be 43,000 students this fall, 1,000 more than last year.
5. It has been 50 years since Martin Luther King’s iconic “I Have A Dream…” speech. August 28 marks 50 years since the March on Washington.
6. From Miley Cyrus twerking on giant teddy bears to *N'SYNC reuniting, if you’ve been on Twitter since Sunday night you’re probably seeing tons of news about MTV’s Video Music awards. We have a recap for you.
7. Oil prices are up. The latest on this here.
8. The Army psychiatrist that went on a shooting rampage that killed 13 people at Fort Hood begins the sentencing phase of his trial Monday. Nidal Hasan could receive the death penalty.
9. The dog kennel connected to three dog deaths in the area opens again Monday. The Pet Spot closed Aug. 16 after three dogs died from a violent, undetermined illness.
Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Undercover narcotics agents in Butler County were busy over the weekend, netting thousands of dollars in drugs, three vehicles, a hand gun…
Cincinnati Zoo officials are planning the facility’s first gorilla birth in nearly eight years after discovering a gorilla at the…
You've heard the infectious song, "Happy" by Pharrell Williams, right? No matter, once you see and hear this video you might…
The American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) of Ohio asked the state’s Supreme Court Monday to strike down the shackling of children in a…
What's your favorite site in Cincinnati? The Cincinnati Preservation Association needs your help to identify the top 50 in a new Facebook…
Tampa was among the finalists in two other years before finally winning the Republican National Committee's convention in 2012.
St. Patrick's Day? Easter? Who needs an occasion to send an eCard anyway? Here are a few that you can use more than once!
The coming of spring means more than just the change of the seasons; it also means brewers will be switching from high ABV winter favorites…
Less than three years after moving from Cincinnati, Chiquita is merging with Fyffes of Ireland and moving its headquarters from Charlotte to…
A Cincinnati man was sentenced to 12 years in prison Monday after pleading guilty to killing his girlfriend.