CINCINNATI - Can you believe it has been 50 years since Martin Luther King Jr.’s iconic “I Have a Dream” speech? That and more in this week’s 9 things to know.
1. Kids might be heading back to school, but it doesn’t mean summer is over. This week’s forecast is said to be an all-around scorcher, with highs in the 90s. More information from 9 First Warning Weather here.
2. The Reds are out of town this week. They play against division-rival St. Louis to start the week and end it in Colorado.
3. The Cincinnati streetcar project moves forward this Monday, with buildings in Over-The-Rhine being demolished to make room for the streetcar’s maintenance and operations facility.
4. It’s back to school time in Clifton and this year a record number of Bearcats will converge on the campus. There will be 43,000 students this fall, 1,000 more than last year.
5. It has been 50 years since Martin Luther King’s iconic “I Have A Dream…” speech. August 28 marks 50 years since the March on Washington.
6. From Miley Cyrus twerking on giant teddy bears to *N'SYNC reuniting, if you’ve been on Twitter since Sunday night you’re probably seeing tons of news about MTV’s Video Music awards. We have a recap for you.
7. Oil prices are up. The latest on this here.
8. The Army psychiatrist that went on a shooting rampage that killed 13 people at Fort Hood begins the sentencing phase of his trial Monday. Nidal Hasan could receive the death penalty.
9. The dog kennel connected to three dog deaths in the area opens again Monday. The Pet Spot closed Aug. 16 after three dogs died from a violent, undetermined illness.
Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Cincinnati police released the identity of the man they found shot to death in the 3100 block of Reading Road Sunday.
At the helm of his namesake eatery Jimmy G's, Gibson entered his profession for the love of food and found a foodie following in the Tri-State.
Searchers once again combed through a tree-covered creek bed in eastern Indiana on Saturday trying to find the clues they need to answer the…
Is it just us, or are beards (and other forms of facial hair) making a comeback in the Tri-State? WCPO decided to explore the issue.…
What started out as a traffic stop turned into a serious crash that closed a part of Glendale-Milford Road early Sunday morning.
In this week's "Where We Pray," learn about a local church that combines the mission and resources of a large congregation with…
Many a parent and teacher have tried to bring science alive for children. Writer Mary Kay Carson aims to bring lessons to life by injecting…
Church leaders came together in one Butler County community Saturday night to pray for peace after a recent string of violence in the area.
On Saturday, University of Cincinnati officials unveiled the first electric vehicle-charging station on or even around the Clifton campus.
Darwin Barney and Welington Castillo hit two-run homers and Mike Olt added a solo shot as the Chicago Cubs broke out of…