CINCINNATI - September starts with a short work week for many, an intense lineup for the Reds, and what could be the best nine days ever for local film buffs.
1. The week kicks off with Labor Day, of course. U.S. Labor Secretary Thomas Perez is slated to speak to attendees at the annual picnic at Coney Island Amusement Park.
2. Kicking off the first week of September with Labor Day, gas prices in the Tri-State are hovering around the $3.69 mark. Check our GasBuddy.com map for prices where you are.
3. After a stormy, steamy weekend high temperatures will stay in the mid-eighties throughout the week. Remember 9 First Warning Weather is on your side!
4. Regardless of what weather feels like, some people are ready for fall. You may be one of them, and getting your hands on Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte is a top priority. They're available starting Tuesday.
5. September is National Yoga Month. On Thursday, Mason Community Center is offering free Hatha Yoga classes. Learn the foundations of yoga in a one-hour class at 9:45 a.m. or at 6:30 p.m. All levels of experience are welcome.
6. It's also National Library Card Sign-up Month, so the Campbell County Public Library will be waiving fines during an amnesty period the first two weeks of September. The Library also will be visiting area Kroger stores to show people how to use e-readers and other mobile tech devices to access magazines, take online classes and download materials.
7. Too soon for flu shots? A new report from the American Academy of Pediatrics says now is the time for parents to get their children vaccinated against the flu.
8. It'll be an intense week for the Reds as the St. Louis Cardinals visit for a four-day face off, starting Monday.
9. Lights, camera, action! The Cincinnati Film Festival starts on Thursday. There are seven venues around the region, including Tower Place Mall downtown, which is the main venue. Visit the festival's website for information on films and tickets.
Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Runners are getting serious about the Flying Pig Marathon. We asked our 9 On Your Side Facebook fans what they're doing to get ready. And…
There is just so much WRONG in Cincinnati.
Anyone can write a review that says "the food was great!" It takes a real EXPERIENCE to write reviews like these.
So it's finally time for the deep freeze to leave the Tri-State. What's first on your agenda? Our Facebook fans shared their plans.
Kentuckians, to you this may be old news, but it’s awesomely fresh to many other folks on the Internet.
Look around Cincinnati and you'll see art everywhere--in murals that are strange, beautiful and sometimes quirky. We've selected…
Print this "stay home from work" excuse note from Steve Raleigh and your boss just might cut you a break as severe weather…
How many ways can you deliver school closing news to winter-weary parents? For Stephens Elementary School principal James Detwiler, it's…
February kicks off on Saturday. This is not a leap year; in fact the next one is 2016. That got us wondering, what would…
9 On Your Side's Kathrine Nero laments the top 5 disappointments in Cincinnati Sports history, as chosen by WCPO Facebook fans.