- Mostly cloudy
SHELBY TOWNSHIP, Mich. -- Police say a Detroit 2-year-old was found dead in his car seat in a van Tuesday evening.
Neither James Nelson's mother, 21-year-old Audrionna Rhoades, nor her roommate remember putting him in the van, police in Michigan said.
An autopsy determined the child died of hyperthermia. Officials believe he was in the van for 10 to 11 hours.
The child was found unresponsive in a vehicle about 6 p.m., and officers say the child had been dead for several hours.
EMS and police transported the boy to Troy Beaumont hospital where he was pronounced dead.
At the time he was examined, his temperature was 108 degrees.
Police said the boy's death remains under investigation.
Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
The Obama administration said Wednesday it is cutting the amount of coal dust allowed in coal mines in an effort to help reduce black lung disease.
The federal government wants to ban sales of electronic cigarettes to minors and require approval for new products and health warning labels…
General Motors is dealing with another government safety investigation. This time the car targeted is the 2014 Impala.
Grappling with fast-changing technology, Supreme Court justices debated Tuesday whether they can protect the copyrights of TV broadcasters to…
For all the tens of billions of dollars that the nation has spent on screening passengers and their bags, few airports made a comparable…
The Supreme Court on Tuesday upheld Michigan's ban on using race as a factor in college admissions.
An infant is fighting for her life after she was left alone with her mother’s dead body for several days.
Netflix is preparing a sequel unlikely to be a hit with its subscribers. The Internet video service is about to raise its prices for the…
Some student loan borrowers who had a parent or grandparent co-sign the note are finding that they must immediately pay the loan in full if…
In honor of Earth Day, the Environmental Protection Agency has compiled a list of ways to start saving energy not just on April 22, but every day.