ORLANDO, FL - JULY 17: Casey Anthony (C) leaves with her attorney Jose Baez (L) from the Booking and Release Center at the Orange County Jail after she was acquitted of murdering her daughter Caylee Anthony on July 17, 2011 in Orlando, Florida. It was unknown where Casey Anthony was going after the release. (Photo by Red Huber-Pool/Getty Images)
Hide Caption

Names of Casey Anthony jurors released in Florida

a a a a
Share this story
Show Related Headlines
Related Articles
Casey Anthony now owes $217K for search

ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. - A court released the names of the jurors in the Casey Anthony trial for the first time Tuesday since they acquitted the Florida woman of murdering her 2-year-old daughter, Caylee.

The "cooling off" period a judge cited in delaying the release for three months ended Tuesday, and the names of 12 jurors and three alternates were released by the Pinellas County Clerk of Court.

After the trial ended in July, Judge Belvin Perry said he wanted time to pass before the names were made public because some of the jurors had received death threats.

Jurors were selected from Pinellas County, along Florida's Gulf Coast, because of concerns about pretrial publicity in Orlando. The jurors were sequestered until the verdict was announced.

Associated Press reporters knocked on doors Tuesday at homes where the jurors were thought to live.

The husband of alternate juror Elizabeth Jones answered the door at their home. He said she was at work. "I'll leave your card with the pile here," Mike Jones said. "But I don't think she is going to want to talk." He added that since she didn't deliberate, "she doesn't have a whole lot to say."

In most cases, the blinds or drapes were closed and no one answered. Dogs could be heard barking inside some of the homes.

At another home, a woman who answered the door said the juror doesn't live there.

Anthony was acquitted of killing Caylee and released from jail a couple of weeks after the trial ended. She is now serving probation on an unrelated check fraud charge at an undisclosed location in Florida.

She was deposed earlier in October for a civil lawsuit that accuses her of ruining another woman's reputation. Anthony told detectives in 2008 that her daughter had been kidnapped by a nanny named Zenaida Gonzalez. The child's body was later found in a wooded area not from the Anthony's home in Orlando.

Detectives have said no such baby sitter existed. But there is an Orlando woman named Zenaida Gonzalez and she sued Anthony over the name confusion.

Copyright Copyright Associated Press

Print this article

Comments

Hmm... It looks like you’re not a WCPO Insider. or Subscribe now to contribute!