- Partly cloudy
CINCINNATI - There are a number or mental health resources in the Tri-State area. 9 On You Side has compiled a list of some of them below.
- Butler County Mental Health Board : This is a public agency created to establish an unified system of mental health care for Butler County Citizens. Resources and information can be found on their website. They have three 24 hour crisis numbers. Oxford and Hamilton residents can call (513) 523-4146. Fairfield and West Chester call (513) 894-7002. If you live in Middletown you can call (513) 424-5498.
- 2-1-1 : You can call 211 and an operator will find you resources in your community. This is a service run by United Way.
- Fernside :This is the second oldest children's grief center in the country and is a national leader in providing grief and support services.Phone Fernside at (513) 246-9140.
- National Alliance on Mental Illness : NAMI is the national's largest grassroots mental health organization dedicate to building better lives for the millions of Americans affected by mental illness. On the national website you can search for local affiliates The local number for NAMI is (513) 351-3500.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration : SAMHSA mission is to reduce the impact of substance abuse and mental illness in our communities. In addition to the info on their website they have a treatment referral line which is 1-800-662-HELP.
- Ohio Department of Mental Health : ODMH works to assure access to quality mental health services for Ohioans at all levels of need and life stages. You can call 1-877-ASK-ODMH for information or a referral.
- Talbert House : This community based non-profit is dedicated to improving social behavior and enhance personal recovery and growth. (513) 221-HELP is for information or to schedule an appointment. (513) 281-CARE is a 24 hour crisis hotline service available to the community and individuals of any age.
- Mental Health America of Northern Kentucky and Southwest Ohio : Mental Health America is a private, non-profit organization serving individuals, families, professionals, lay persons and communities in Northern Kentucky and Southwest Ohio.
- 1-800-273-TALK : This is a national hotline for people and families in crisis and for suicide prevention.
Copyright 2012 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.