CINCINNATI -- The much hyped, color-filled musical event happening in Over-the-Rhine starting Friday just got tastier with a local restaurant offering picnic boxes filled with delicious treats.
Taste of Belgium, a Cincinnati shop famous for authentic Belgian food, is offering the picnic boxes for four eaters to be enjoyed in Washington Park at LumenoCity.
"What better event to have a picnic ready to go than LumenoCity?" said Jean-Francois, creator of Taste of Belgium. "We were so proud and loved being a part of the first LumenoCity and in thinking of how to make it better, picnic boxes made sense. I live and work in OTR, it's easy for me and my family to attend. We want to make it just as easy for everyone else."
Each box includes four signature sandwiches, arugula salads, house-made chips and Belgian chocolate chip cookies.
In each box:
- One Brie-apple-pesto & ham waffle sandwich (NEW sandwich!)
- One southwestern waffle sandwich (turkey, pepperjack, chipotle mayo, lettuce tomato)
- One Belgian turkey club baguette (turkey, Havarti, bacon, aioli, carrots, cucumber, hard-boiled egg)
- One smoked salmon baguette (goat cheese dill spread, lemon, capers, arugula)
- Arugula salad (shaved parmesan, cremini, lemon vinaigrette)
- House made chips
- Belgian chocolate chip cookies
- Bamboo plates, silverware and napkins
One box costs $50 and you must preorder your meal.
The picnic box can be picked up at the Taste of Belgium Tent in LumenoCity Village after 5 p.m. Friday.
To order a picnic box, CLICK HERE.