DEERFIELD TOWNSHIP, Ohio -- An elderly female was the victim of a purse snatching Friday at the Deerfield Town Center.
Police say the 79-year-old woman was approached and threatened by a man who was crouched down in between cars, waiting in the parking lot.
The suspect threatened to hurt her unless she gave him her purse and jewelry. The victim handed over her purse and wedding ring.
Police are searching for the suspect described as a white male, aged 25-30, with a thin build and blue eyes. He is around 5'10 and was last seen wearing a tan hat and tan zip-up sweatshirt. The suspect is believed to be driving a late model red Chevy S10 truck.
As the holiday season approaches, here are some tips to help keep safe while shopping.
- Always pay attention to your surroundings. Don't walk to your car while looking at your phone.
- It's a good idea to have your keys ready in-hand and check the backseat
- Always park in well-lit areas during evening shopping trips.
- Don't leave any purchases visible to passers-by in your car.
- Don't buy more than you can carry -- a store employee may be able to assist you to your car or ask someone to shop with you.
- Ladies, don't carry a purse that dangles. Keep as little on you as possible and don't wear expensive jewelry.
The Warren County Sheriff's Office asks that anyone with information on the robbery at Deerfield Town Center call 513-695-2525.
Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
The intersection that feeds thrill seekers into Kings Island is among top crash sites in the county, a WCPO analysis found.
A new Kroger Marketplace opens Thursday in Northern Kentucky. But what does that mean for its old store, right next door?