Tri-State briefs: May 27, 2014

Police: Woman stabs man in self-defense

CINCINNATI -- A man was stabbed early Tuesday after police say he assaulted a woman in Mt. Auburn.

The pair got into an argument at about 3 a.m. at the corner of East McMillan and Paris streets.

Investigators say the woman stabbed the man in self-defense after he assaulted her.

The suspect was taken to a local hospital and was charged with assault.

The woman was not charged in the incident.


Man shot in Lower Price Hill

CINCINNATI -- Police found a shooting victim walking down River Road in Lower Price Hill early Tuesday.

The shooting happened at about 2 a.m. on Maryland Avenue, according to investigators.

The man was taken to the University of Cincinnati Medical Center with non-life-threatening injures.

No arrests have been made at this time


Driver crashes car into Cincinnati Zoo fence near cheetah exhibit

CINCINNATI -- Police say a driver crashed his or her vehicle into a fence Monday night at the Cincinnati Zoo near the cheetah exhibit.

The crash site was close to the cheetah "running yard," where the animals are walked with supervision during the day.

The cheetahs are kept in a separate part of the zoo at night and were not injured in the wreck.

No further information as been released at this time.


Two people arrested after high-speed chase

CINCINNATI -- Two people are behind bars after leading police on a high-speed chase through Golf Manor.

Officers say they were checking on a suspicious person inside a truck with Kentucky license plates when the driver of the truck fled.

The two suspects were caught in the 5300 block of Winneste Avenue.

No other details have been released at this time.


photo of garage fire from Larisa Forester

Car catches fire on rooftop garage

CINCINNATI – A car caught fire mid Tuesday morning at a parking garage in downtown Cincinnati.

Fire crews said the fire was first reported at about 9:45 a.m. at a garage located at 212 W. Fourth St., at Elm Street.

Firefighters said the car was found on the top level of the garage. The fire was quickly extinguished and no one was injured.

No other cars caught fire. The fire could be seen from several blocks away.

Print this article Back to Top