CINCINNATI - It might snow this week. Yes, you read that right—it’s part of the 9 things to know this week.
1. Snow? It’s possible. This week will start off pleasant enough, but expect highs to only be in the 40s on Wednesday with the possibility of flurries.
2. The Cincinnati Bengals defeated the Detroit Lions 27-24 with a last second field goal Sunday. Next week they take on the New York Jets at Paul Brown Stadium.
3. Prepare to pay more at the pump this week if you’re buying gas in Ohio. Gas prices are up again this week with the average gallon costing $3.36.
4. If you’re having trouble enrolling online for the Affordable Care Act you aren’t alone. President Obama will speak to that on Monday.
5. It seems like Prince George was just born yesterday, but it’s actually time for the royal baby’s baptism this week! Prince George’s baptism happens on Wednesday at the Chapel Royal in St. James Place in London.
6. The U.S. Supreme Court has denied Ryan Widmer’s appeal in the murder conviction of his wife, Sarah. Widmer was found guilty of drowning her in 2008.
7. The Brown County Animal Shelter needs your help. Twelve dogs are on the list to be euthanized if they are not adopted by Thursday. Here’s how you can help.
8. City Gospel Mission’s “Feed Cincy Now” campaign aims to raise $600,000 for hungry families by December. It’s the nonprofit’s biggest fundraising campaign, which explains why you’ll start to see marketing across the city to spread the word.
9. The bond has been set in a for a homicide suspect who is accused of killing 14-year-old Dwayne Lemarr Lewis of South Fairmount. Julius White is accused of murdering the teen and his bond is set at $1 million.
Copyright 2013 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
A woman was shot in her knee while sitting outside on her Avondale balcony Friday night.
A man is dead after he was shot in the face late Friday afternoon in Over-the-Rhine.
Chris Heisey hit two home runs and drove in four runs and Brandon Phillips added a homer and three RBI.
Following what state authorities called ‘one of the largest heroin busts in Kentucky history,’ U.S. Senate Republican Leader…
When Small Town America celebrates one of its own, it holds a parade. And that's what Lawrenceburg is doing for Nick Goepper.
What would be more fun: skiing around the Indianapolis Motor Speedway or driving the pace car at the 500? Nick Goepper might find out.
A chase involving a stolen vehicle ended in a crash Friday in Mount Healthy, police said.
Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine was taken to Christ Hospital Friday after falling ill before a speaking engagement in Cincinnati.
A local Marine is dead after police say he was shot in the head by a fellow Marine in California this past weekend.